Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Where can I find a list of Transition Altitudes for the World?

I know in the US/Canada its 18,000ft, and in Europe it varies by country and airport, and in Asia as well. Such as Hong Kong is 9,000 and Singapore I thinkk 11,000.

I can't seem to find some kind of list or database that will list all the transition altitudes.

I'm trying to do a flight from RKSI to VHHH, but don't know what to use for Korea.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It should be mentioned on the airport charts. TA is also provided by some addons, for instance Aivlasoft EFB or FSCaptain. The latter has a demo version available, that would be a way to get TAs.

Peter

The database you're looking for are indeed airport charts. TL also varies depending on pressure in some airports.

In Portugal where i live, there are 4000ft and 5000ft transition altitudes and TL can also be FL45, FL50, FL60, FL55, etc depending on pressure.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I know in the US/Canada its 18,000ft, and in Europe it varies by country and airport, and in Asia as well. Such as Hong Kong is 9,000 and Singapore I thinkk 11,000.

I can't seem to find some kind of list or database that will list all the transition altitudes.

I'm trying to do a flight from RKSI to VHHH, but don't know what to use for Korea.

If you are overflying Korea en route to Hong Kong you won't need Korean transition altitude. The transition altitude for VHHH though is 11,000ft. You really only need top be concerned about transition altitudes for the departure and arrival segments of your fpl. Which of course you will get from the relevant charts. Bear in mind though that flying over the Chinese mainland everything is in metres!!