Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

Sim Labs A320

Simple question

Is this addon on your list for a future FS2crew?

THX

Max

I check their site daily to see if that plane becomes available for their "Early Bird" release .I forget what THEY are calling it, but basically they are going to only allow a small handful of people to even own the add on for the first year or so at least.  Based on what they have announced, it's clear that they are going to make the announcement 48 hours in advance, which will have anyone wishing to buy the plan plowing the servers 48 hours later.  Anyone who has to work that day kiss that aircraft goodbye because the servers will only serve the first handful of folks and then shut down sales.

I work full time so I am certain i won't be able to get in on this.  BUT ... when she goes full public in the next few years I do certainly hope that there will be an FS2Crew for her.

If i may ... I'd love to see a diversity pack maybe starting with this or whatever plane you do next.  Yeah, I think it's cool we can choose an EU crew or US crew, but I'd like to have a mixed crew.  Diversity is fast becoming the norm in the airline industry.  A great example is Emirates.  They have like a 20 minute recruiting video aimed at people from around the world to go work for them.

For this A320, I could imagine a good voice set being a mix of German, UK, and French accents or something.

Just a thought :)

Unfortunately, with them making their A320 add-on a limited edition only to a handful of customers, it then becomes unclear as to if it is really economically worth it for FS2Crew to even consider tacking it.  Limited sales for the A320 means even more limited sales for FS2Crew.

SOURCE:  http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6908-flight-sim-labs-a320-x-release-road-map/&page=5&_fromLogin=1

- Version 1.0 of the A320-X for FSX will be released to an initial group of customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Since the complexity of the product is several scales larger than any other simulation package existing today, we are calling this first release an "Early Adopter" package. This means that, while the product will no longer be considered "beta", we want to ensure that our support team is able to adequately help and resolve any teething issues that a customer purchasing the A320-X might come across. For this reason, we will keep the initial customer group relatively small.

Of course, I could be wrong and they might actually be planning to keep the testing customer base short ... but I learned my lesson with a string of game related releases lately (especially The Division ... pre-ordered it a "month" before expected release ... and it did release ... 3 years later).

even own the add on for the first year or so at least

Where did you get that idea? They plan on releasing it to the general public soon after it's released to the "early adopters". Like my mother used to say, "It will be ready, when it's ready."

NAX669.png

"Since the complexity of the product is several scales larger than any other simulation package existing today..."

How the complexity can be several scales larger that any 
simulation package existing today? By their words PMDG NGX/777, Majestic Q400 and all A2A planes are toys comparing to A320-X? Yeah right, give me a break, that is not possible, especially in FSX/P3D. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure A320-X will be the next best addon airplane, but much much more complex? It is hard for me to believe, I must see that in person. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

If i may ... I'd love to see a diversity pack maybe starting with this or whatever plane you do next.  Yeah, I think it's cool we can choose an EU crew or US crew, but I'd like to have a mixed crew.  Diversity is fast becoming the norm in the airline industry.  A great example is Emirates.  They have like a 20 minute recruiting video aimed at people from around the world to go work for them.

Could not agree more!!!  It would be so nice if FS2Crew could find a way to open this up and allow user configurable voice sets even for the cabin crew/announcements.  Instead of "baking" the sound files right into the code, break that out and let us define what .wav/.mp3 we want to play.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

A320 Early Adopters will be released tomorrow... The All Adopters will follow and then the P3D version. I really hope they make the SDK available, the only professional A320 available can't miss FS2Crew!

James Goggi

A320 Early Adopters will be released tomorrow... The All Adopters will follow and then the P3D version. I really hope they make the SDK available, the only professional A320 available can't miss FS2Crew!

Have they said anything about an SDK?

Mine too... If they provide the SDK I don't think it's hard to make, after you have made the Aerosoft 320 FS2Crew...

James Goggi

Indeed, miss FS2Crew so much 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

It has been stated on their forums (not sure if official for from a beta tester) that the SDK will be released with the Pro version for use for cockpit builders.  No clue when that will be released but I would guess it will be a while.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest Mik75

"Since the complexity of the product is several scales larger than any other simulation package existing today..."

How the complexity can be several scales larger that any simulation package existing today? By their words PMDG NGX/777, Majestic Q400 and all A2A planes are toys comparing to A320-X? Yeah right, give me a break, that is not possible, especially in FSX/P3D. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure A320-X will be the next best addon airplane, but much much more complex? It is hard for me to believe, I must see that in person. :)

I am pretty sure they meant in comparison to any other available Airbus addon.

And that's absolutely true. And even compared to the high end addons for FSX/P3D, the A320X does come up with a few firsts for a desktop sim, and therefor plays in a league of its own. And don't forget, a real NG for instance, is far less complex than a real Airbus!

The ECAM alone, and the corresponding systems, are really impressive, and so far, I've only scratched on the surface of things.

I am pretty sure they meant in comparison to any other available Airbus addon.

And that's absolutely true. And even compared to the high end addons for FSX/P3D, the A320X does come up with a few firsts for a desktop sim, and therefor plays in a league of its own. And don't forget, a real NG for instance, is far less complex than a real Airbus!

The ECAM alone, and the corresponding systems, are really impressive, and so far, I've only scratched on the surface of things.

Well, after watching the streams, I started thinking the same thing. This addon is so complex, it blews my mind! And yet, I didn't see even 30% of it.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.