Sign in to follow this  
Samster

VoxATC does not recognize P3D V3

Please help!!! I have re-done the indexer, sim selector and re-installed voxatc (a lot)....... Any help is nice! Thanks in advance....

-Samster

Have you tried installing Vox using the latest Flightsim Estonia Migration Tool?

It seems to make Vox work in P3d for those who have tried it.

It is not a free utility, unfortunately.

VOX is not P3Dv3 compliant. As John said, some have been able to install it using the migration tool.  I have never been able to get it to work with v3, some have. Rumor has it that there may be an anouncement of a new version of VOX ATC this weekend. We'll see.

NAX669.png

Officially it's not compatible with v3 but some guys have used EMT to get it working, there is word going round that they might be releasing a version for v3 this weekend at the Flight Simulator Convention in Weston-super-Mare.

VOX is not P3Dv3 compliant. As John said, some have been able to install it using the migration tool.  I have never been able to get it to work with v3, some have. Rumor has it that there may be an anouncement of a new version of VOX ATC this weekend. We'll see.

Damn I was too slow. :)

Have you tried installing Vox using the latest Flightsim Estonia Migration Tool?

It seems to make Vox work in P3d for those who have tried it.

It is not a free utility, unfortunately.

Thank you soooo much!!! I truly love you!!!! I got the migration tool and it works!!!!!! THANKS!!! :D

I'm glad it worked, but what we need now is a proper Vox installer for P3d v3.

Hoping for good news in the near future! Fingers crossed.

Samster..............could you share step by step how you got it to work and maybe how to use migration tool..as far as is it  migrate and then have to relaunch p3dv3 everytime or can you install and then remove migration tool? Hope I am not to confusing. I have the voxatc disk but there is no order in which to install stuff from the disk. Totally un-organized on disk.. Thanks... I spent a fortune for program and Tegwyn's (the developer) followup not worth a c...  :)

Bob M.

Bob M

Sorry, I am not Samster, but I read your post and have a few minutes spare...!

We are hoping for version 7 in the near future which will install into pd3 v3 without needing the migration tool.

In the meantime you should download Vox atc version 6.52  from its website unless that is the version on your CD.

You must also have the latest version of the Migration tool.

Once you have it and have bought a registration key for it, run it's installer and follow the onscreen instructions, putting in the registration key when requested.

Once it is installed, enable it, by clicking the appropriate onscreen box.

Then run the Voxatc  installer voxATCinstall.exe , version 6.52

At a point in the process you will be asked which simulator you are using, Although I am using P3D someone else said click the FSX box at this point, which I did, and it has worked OK since.

Give the installer plenty of time to run through the indexing stage, it may seem to hang but it probably will eventually finish OK unless something else is not quite right.

Then you have to configure the Vox options and apply the registration code which I presume is on the CD.

I keep the migration tool active but I will remove it completely if version 7 does what it is supposed to.

Once version 7 is out most of that will be unnecessary I hope!

Hope that helps, but I may have missed something, or made a mistake in which case I am open to correction by anyone, if required.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Ok...I have p3dv3.3.5...a paid for estonia mt....voxatc downloaded 6.52.   So i don't need empty p3dv2 folders anywhere...right. I install and setup emt and point to p3dv3 location...then run vox and use fsx?  i have done that and it just sits at airbus 321...so you say wait even if it takes a while (long lol) and it should install?  I can register because i have a serial for voxatc. You got it to work doing this :) ?

Thank you..

BM

Bob M

Yes, the last time I installed it the indexer took a while but did finish ultimately.

I have tried to install it previously in other P3d versions and it has stopped at the indexer stage but I don't know why.

If it stops at the airbus 321 and you don't intend to use that aircraft, you could move it out of the P3d/simobjects folder so the indexer doesn't try to scan it, and see if it goes further.

Or, when asked which sim you are using, say P3d and not FSX, and see what happens.

My Voxatc is within the P3dv3 folder, if that makes any difference, and I run it as an administrator.

Or wait for version 7! 

I promise mine does work, but not everyone who has tried it has been successful, probably due to minor differences in computer setups etc.

I have enabled migration tool..p3dv3.3.5.....i have the voxatc folder folder in p3dv3....i copied the va gauges to the gauges folder and the misc simobjects  where they belong. I used the vox indexer inside the voxatc folder and it did index everything i assume. I do have airports and scenery as well active sky 2016 networked on a different computer. I know that i run make runway from inside p3dv3 and it locates all the other files networked. When I launch Voxatc..I don't get the green screen about enable disable..iniatlizing show up? I might look at p3dv2.5 and see where the misc simobjects are sitting if that has something to do with it...

Any ideas Think I got it right..I hope and it is registered cause i paid 96 bucks for this thing lol.

Thanks for any help!!

Bob M.

Bob M

If the Vox atc box, with the enable/disable option, doesn't appear when an aircraft is loaded in P3d, the first thing I would do is press "alt" if the P3d menu bar is not showing, then open the "vehicle" drop down menu, go down to the "instrument panel" option, open it and see if there are two Voxatc entries in it.

If so, click on the voxatc option and the box you need should appear on screen.

For some reason I have to do this with some aircraft in P3dv3.

This is assuming the voxatc lines have been added to the panel.cfg for the aircraft when vox was installed, or later by running the "voxatc panel setup", from the voxatc start menu.

You can check if the lines have been added to the panel.cfg file for each aircraft by going to sim objects/aircraft choose your aircraft, open the "panel" folder the open panel.cfg and you should see two new "voxatc" windows added to the windows list.

If the new vox entries are not there then vox installer has not modified the panel.cfg file.

I have nothing networked in my setup , I suppose that could cause differences in your and my success in running vox in P3d, but it shouldn't!

If the box does appear then don't forget to load a flight plan and be at that flight plans start airport before you click on "enable" or you may get an error message.

Good luck, hope that helps!

By the way I have never had to copy "gauges" anywhere or move "simobjects" (misc?) either. I don't know why that is needed. I just run the voxatc 6.52 installer after enabling the migration tool, and it does everything.

John 1383     It worked :)...what I had done wrong was just copy the folder i had already installed into p3dv3.3 and ran indexer. I went back and reinstalled with migration tool enabled and it installed beautifully. Installed panel selector and everything works like a charm...lol   You know where I can find some decent voices? I got anna but she's kinda drab and if I did find some..how would i install it.  Thanks for your time and concern. The very best to you :)

Bob M  :wink:

Bob M