Sign in to follow this  
Samster

VoxATC does not recognize P3D V3

John 1383     It worked :)...what I had done wrong was just copy the folder i had already installed into p3dv3.3 and ran indexer. I went back and reinstalled with migration tool enabled and it installed beautifully. Installed panel selector and everything works like a charm...lol   You know where I can find some decent voices? I got anna but she's kinda drab and if I did find some..how would i install it.  Thanks for your time and concern. The very best to you :)

Bob M  :wink:

Glad you fixed it!

Like Mike I use Ivona voices with Vox, and the MCE (Multicrew Experience) application. When I bought them some years ago there was an offer of three voices at a reduced price, which is what I went for.

Their installation into windows is straightforward, once you have bought them(!), then you can choose which to use in the Vox voice configuration option.

Once installed you can use Ivona voices with any application that allows voices to be imported.

Update to the Ivona thing: I had a look on the Ivona website and I came away totally confused, and I have no idea how an individual user can now buy some voices to use in Vox. It must be possible but I must be getting old because I couldn't see how to buy anything!

Thanks..I guess you have to buy the individual voices? If I were to buy a voice lol...how do you import them into voxatc?

John..you've been great. Don't feel bad...I am 65 years old.. Old age creeping in lol..

Take care,

Bob

Bob M

Bob, it looks like you have buy one of the Ivona "partner" applications which then allow you to install the voices in Windows. Once installed Vox seems to know they are there and they appear in the voice configuration thingy for you to choose if you want.

These partner things are not cheap from what I can see, but you can try the voices before buying which helps.

I am actually 69, so I am hanging on by a thread!

John

By "partner" Text reader or something similar?  Thanks John...thats OK you are hanging on by a "golden" thread...they are stronger lol

Bob M :dirol:

Bob M

Update to the Ivona thing: I had a look on the Ivona website and I came away totally confused, and I have no idea how an individual user can now buy some voices to use in Vox. It must be possible but I must be getting old because I couldn't see how to buy anything!

Hi,

You can buy Ivona voices or other manufacturers here : http://nextup.com/

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you soooo much!!! I truly love you!!!! I got the migration tool and it works!!!!!! THANKS!!! :D

I assume y'all are using

Downloads

Migration Tool installer (13.3 MB)

Version 3.2.0.1011. Last updated 2016-03-16.

Yes?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I got the latest versions of EMT(though EMT SAID it was up to date i Dl'd the version we discussed above) and VoxATC v6.52 .  The indexer halts at i:\p3dv33517625\scenery\world\scenery\traffic_Ships_Med_East_70315.bgl....any ideas?

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

They can pause for a long time sometimes!

But if it does not continue at a bgl file you could move the file somewhere else and see if the indexer progresses any further without that file stopping it.

Make sure you give it plenty of time to work though.

They can pause for a long time sometimes!

But if it does not continue at a bgl file you could move the file somewhere else and see if the indexer progresses any further without that file stopping it.

Make sure you give it plenty of time to work though.

That's what I did...but

While I was eventually able to get my FO running, he did not turn on the radio's as he was supposed to ...same problem as before I reinstalled windows, reinstalled P 3-D, I reinstalled all my aircraft, reinstalled on my scenery, reinstalled my ATC reinstalled my EFB,

...reinstalled my brain...

I'm flying my Lancair V2 from RealAir sporting a GTN 750 ...5hit!!!

I'll be dead before version seven comes out.

Moving on…

Regards to all,

Chas

It's not satisfactory is it?

Although I have vox working  OK in P3d v35, I am not happy with it being a bit of a bodge to get it to work, and the mig tool is not ideal by any means.

At the moment I am using one of the other "voice" atc offerings which is being developed currently, and will continue to use it until "7" comes out and if it does I will reassess the situation.

i'm getting a bit old for waiting around with no communication other than rumours.

"Moving on" might be a good idea in the meantime.