Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SSG E-Jets 170 Evo

Has anyone tried this aircraft out yet?

It says FMS with navigraph compatibility....  that's the part I like since I fly online often.  And this is somewhat affordable

http://store.x-plane.org/SSG-E-Jets-170-Evolution_p_502.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Im gonna leave this undocumented feature here

besides that and the low res efis system i would say the plane is quite overpriced

the interior has many geometry errors (wings and cabin for example)

but if you dont mind those bugs and have the money , sure go for it  , but I would say at this point in time there are better planes in the market at that price point

• Upvote 1

I bought the SSG 747 and uninstalled it do to the low resolution VC textures.  To me that really ruins the immersion factor.  I Will not buy anymore of their products until they make some improvements in modelling and texturing. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I bought the SSG 747 and uninstalled it do to the low resolution VC textures.  To me that really ruins the immersion factor.  I Will not buy anymore of their products until they make some improvements in modelling and texturing. 

Supposedly there is a patch in the works for new textures/etc, but like you said it was a letdown,

This is the type of release where I'd love to see really large resolution screenshots before committing.

When first browsing the screenshots on the product page I thought they looked alright, and on paper the feature list seems good. But looking closer... I don't know. I feel bad sometimes, because I know that any of these aircraft being produced are a labour of love, and that not all devs are capable of top-notch textures or modelling, but at the same time, if I'm not going to fly it for whatever reason, I can't justify buying it...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ahh ok, it was hard to tell from the small shots.  Maybe I'll just cave and do the IXEG.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ahh ok, it was hard to tell from the small shots.  Maybe I'll just cave and do the IXEG.

Yes do it it's an amazing plane so many great features,amazing cockpit lighting and visuals... extreme systems depth ect the best sounds I've ever heard in flightsim, then neat small things like reflections in the coffee that move and react to the vibration of the plane,windows that only open when the plane is de pressurized ect. All with great fps. I'll be doing a full review on it soon

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I really want this plane to be good. Who's doing the texture pack? The developer?

Ryan

Interesting,   Personally i cant tell the difference between 30 fps and 40 fps,

saw this reddit post today on the flight sim. pretty interesting 

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/4ud9dh/xplane_ssg_e170_highly_recommend_not_to_buy/

Looks like I'm avoiding this plane like the plague. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The 747 also is a fps hog. Wow, just read the exchange and if you're getting that it means I would be in the teens. 

SSG is deleting "negative" posts. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105845-questions-and-answers/&page=2

----------

Hi , not several just a people that published offensive posts into the thread created to a certain kind. Be offensive and do not respect the Devs , is not the good way to go.

I deleted some post not any otter people or member from SSG.

Please keep the good talk and we certain will keep too.

----------

If I recall correctly, someone in the E-jets sub-forum has posted lots of information about how an E-jet should operate, which is of great reference for us to have a better look on E-jets. IMHO that's also positive criticism that can help improve the product.

But his posts all gets DISAPPEARED.

What we can find is the quote left. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105850-your-comments-to-improve-ssg-products/&do=findComment&comment=1044894

I don't know if the poor guy was the one that Ricardo mentioned.

I did own SSG 747-8, but from now on I will never buy their products.

Shame that the devs aren't willing to take positive criticism,because a good regional jet would be a major draw to Xplane. It was the Rotatesim MD-80 that drew me in,as there are no good looking md-80s for FSX.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This aircraft is not worth the price. The automatic flight controls are broken. It doesn't maintain speeds and flying complicated SIDS with altitude constraints is precarious ( have had to log off vatsim because of uncontrolled flight). It has a TOGA switch which behaves in mysterious ways and GA's are practically impossible at least if you follow the AOM.

The customer support is woeful to the point where I have had to developer disparage me rather than check the AOM versus the performance of his aircraft. 

Don't waste your money; I'm sorry I did.

• Upvote 3