Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JUL16] Planned eCommerce and License Activation Outage

Captains!

Those of you who were active in this forum during the leadup to the NGX release and the 777 release will recall that we typically make an investment in updated technology for our servers and systems during the last phases of development of a major product.

We are in the midst of completing some pretty comprehensive system updates and upgrades that were planned for today.  We anticipated the outage lasting about 12hrs, but some of the changes are taking a bit longer to test and get squared away for operational use.

The KEY hiccup right now involves our license activation servers and requires input from the vendor in order to be certain the hiccup is resolved properly.  This being the case, both activation servers are currently offline having updates accomplished, and that means we are unable to conduct activations for customers needing them.

We took the eCommerce system offline to prevent anyone from being able to make a purchase during a period of time when we know they won't be able to install, activate and go flying- as it seems rather cynical to take the customer's payment and then tell them "you have to wait until tomorrow."

We anticipate having everything back online during the day Thursday, but we don't have a specific time just yet.

I apologize profusely for any inconvenience this causes.  I recognize it can be frustrating to being doing an installation only to find out something unexpected prevents you from getting flying- but I hope you know we are making some changes to improve our ability to support you, and our products for many years to come!

Thanks- I'll be back here to let you know we are operating again once we have the whole shebang back online!

(And yes... this is a good sign, for those who are trying to find some way to link it to progress on hte 747. )  :hi:

• Upvote 11

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great, you can move to the 767 now :P

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for the useful info, Rob. Have a great day, guys  B)

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I predict that PMDG's 747 will be in our hangers before a certain 'Bus, which was front page news on Airdailyx.net as "Ready for takeoff" back in May :wink:

• Upvote 1

I hope it will in time of my finishing works of my hangar.
I am quoting financing with my bank manager. Grateful for the update.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I predict that PMDG's 747 will be in our hangers before a certain 'Bus, which was front page news on Airdailyx.net as "Ready for takeoff" back in May :wink:

Or a particular CRJ that had a 30 day countdown almost a year ago lol.

I just want the freighter.

Still not sure about the 400 though.

Pawel Grochowski

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Gents-

We are now mostly back to normal operation.  Might be a few reboots here and there or short outages as we tweak and tune things a bit- but the major work is done.

I'll be back to code now, fortunately!

The tech team has been keeping us extremely busy!

• Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com