Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

windows 10 upgrade has created issues for my aircraft

Ever since I have upgraded to windows 10 64 bit I have been having missing Texture or DDS files each time i loaded aircraft.

The worst offenders appear to be Just flight models such as the F27, DC8, etc but even A2A Commache comes up with $650 Missing Gauge (i use the 750 Flight 1 gauge not the 650) ??

To date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled aircraft - uninstalled Nvidia Drivers and done a complete clean and reinstall of the latest NVidia drivers, switched back to DX9 from DX10 Fixer - all to no avail

I would really appreciate any pointers as to how to fix this as it is driving me crazy. I have read some suggestions such as fresh install of windows 10 or going back to windows 7  - (not practicable) or upgrading my video drivers (done)...

Well I appreciate that this should have started in windows 10 section, but in moving here I feel It will get a lot less exposure

o date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled aircraft - uninstalled Nvidia Drivers and done a complete clean and reinstall of the latest NVidia drivers, switched back to DX9 from DX10 Fixer - all to no avail

Hi Ray,

I'd suggest looking thru the AVSIM Crash to Desktop guide to see if you have all the Windows support programs, libraries, redistributibles, etc.installed. That PDF file is a wealth of information and is a good place to start.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Twenty6 - these are not crash to desktop issues by the way, simply warnings everytime you load an aircraft of missing DDS or texture files - even after uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft, I still get these issues - but hey, I will look at the PDF anyway, so thanks for the tip

Understood. You fail to mention which flight simulator you're using but I'm guessing it's some form of FSX. Look up information on "HIGHMEMFIX" in the AVSIM Crash to Desktop guide or somewhere else.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Twenty6 - yes using FSX Acceleration  - and again thanks for your reply - still working on this - it is beginning to look like a total reinstall yet again - and I have been avoiding this as thru one cause and another I have had to reinstall FSX twice in the past year and it is a time consuming task with all those add ons.....

With P3D I've lost all the textures for the Just Flight F27, haven't had chance to poke around or reinstall yet, flew the old HS748 instead :)

Don't know if it's the same problem or just a coincidence...nothing on their forum.

Cheers

Keith

Keith, I have managed to work around this issue by disabling the line Under the FSX.CFG [scenery] section the line

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 and change this to a 0. (thanks to Nick over at SOH)

while this doesn't resolve the issue it does take away the constant alert box you must respond to.

So far this change has made little impact as all textures seem in place so nothing appears to be missing when the airplane loads.

I have explored the file association link for DDS and JPG ending files and on my system noted that DDS files seen as not associated to any programme. I changed a DDS file to associate to MSPAINT and this worked for all DDS files

As it stands at the moment -  I am not having any further issues. (touch wood)