Sign in to follow this  
captain420

PFPX - flight plan from KIAH to KDFW, need help

Jim, no need for those remarks. To each their own. If you can't respect others, don't expect the same in return.

If you read my posts above you'll see that I said I respect your decision to fly how you want, even if I don't agree with it or think that your cheating yourself by not taking advantage of the great learning that is possible to build your skill set.

I respect his desires even though I don't understand why you'd want the plane to essential do everything while you just sit there and watch.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

He said he wants the whole flight to be as automated as possible requiring as little input from him as possible. If auto takeoff was an option, he'd probably use it as well.

I was referring to this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I was referring to this.

I was just stating what you had already said in another post. You stated you wanted to have the whole process as automated as possible without much fuss in your end.

I want the entire process to be as automated as possible. Just have an app make me a flight plan, load it up into the CDU, and have the plane fly and land the entire route without much fuss on my end.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's another pointer.  KIAH will be landing 26 or 8 this time of year.  They depart 15 L/R.  If your're going to DFW they will give you 15R with a right turn to 350 (landing 26). If they are landing 8, it will be a left turn to 350.  You will level off at 4000.  Then it's direct CRIED.  Most likely your max will be FL250 (center restricted).  DFW will be landing SOUTH in the summer. 1% of the time they might land NORTH.

Due to the short distance and low altitude, the VNAV might get confused.  I would suggest to delete the arrival waypoint altitude constraints that you are already below.