Sign in to follow this  
citroene

Prepar3D 3.3.5 Crash to desktop

okey,

i was flying again and after 4-5 hours prepar3D was Freezing

Now I found the problem

Naam van toepassing met fout: couatl.exe, versie: 3.1.0.3525, tijdstempel: 0x578f9855
Naam van module met fout: ntdll.dll, versie: 6.1.7601.23418, tijdstempel: 0x5708a73e
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000374
Foutoffset: 0x000ce843
Id van proces met fout: 0xb14
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d1e4c00c67c9a2
Pad naar toepassing met fout: F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Rapport-id: d12577e1-50fa-11e6-9e45-d05099267141

Pad naar toepassing met fout: F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe

This error was caused by the security software 'couatl.exe' for FSDT and FlightBeam products.  Download the latest Addon Manager from FSDT (download is shown whenever you click on any product) and install.  There are changes/updates to their products and most of the time the product is upgraded while you are running your simulator but sometimes, this causes an error and the sim crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Most likely not.  I've had two or three updates this week alone.  In any case, if you do not want to download and install the latest, go to the Menu in P3D and select Addon Manager and then click on Couatl.  Once Couatl is open, click on Restart Couatl.  If it is not there, then you will have to reinstall the Addon Manager.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Then you will have to go to their website forums and ask for assistance.  There is no other solution to this problem.  Software developers must have a security system to protect their investments.  FSDT and FlightBeam use couatl.  Evidently your product was not properly registered.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi folks

this is the answer from FSDT

Your problem is not caused by any of our products or GSX. Yes, I can understand that, just because you see a crash report from Couatl.exe, you are assuming it was the cause but in fact,  it's the victim of it.

You said you had a Crash to Desktop and Couatl.exe, by definition, being an external .EXE, CANNOT (not even in theory) crash your sim. Only an in-process .DLL, like an airplane Gauge for example, can do that.

So, the crash log only indicates that, your sim crashed to the Desktop ( it would have crashed anyway ), most likely because it exhausted its memory after a long flight, and BECAUSE of this, the sudden shutdown made Couatl.exe to crash, most likely because it was never able to receive message from the sim announcing a shutdown so it could shutdown itself properly.

and this is a new log after another crash (freezing with windows error report)

Foutbucket 933228502, type 25
Naam van gebeurtenis: APPCRASH
Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar
Id van CAB-bestand: 0

Handtekening van probleem:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.3.5.17625
P3: 5758bb31
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.1.7601.23418
P6: 5708a73e
P7: c0000005
P8: 00032751
P9:
P10:

Bijgevoegde bestanden:
C:\Users\Olivier\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4A90.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar:
C:\Users\Olivier\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_dfb94ff02d16e88d74748d1cb7b64a82b6bd4110_13c1ecc9

Analysesymbool:
Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0nRapport-id: 1e7bea14-53b0-11e6-80b6-d05099267141

I found it !! FS2CREW pmdg777 was the cause of the crash. this night flown from Brussels to Cancun with no error / freeze.