Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

Touch and Go ... What amd I doing wrong?

Okay, so following the documentation I can take off and successfully do a single touch and go.  Works flawlessly, right down to the FO cleaning flaps during the touchdown, etc.

But ... even repeating the same procedures, she suddenly stops responding to gear and flaps.  She will still do the checklists, and respond to any other commands I have to give.  She'll start the APU if I ask her to, and make changes in the MCP for reference, but she will not respond to "Gear Down" or "Flaps 20".  She does not say anything (like she would if i were making an error).  The mode on the FS2Crew is indeed "Landing Checklist", which is where it should be after completing the approach checklist.

So I did a few more touch and goes, all working except for approach flaps and gear.  I handled those myself.  Then i decided to shoot an ILS approach.  I announced the next landing to be Full Stop - she replied.  She complied with all other checklists, etc.  So I start the approach and call Flaps 15.  She did it.  YAY!!!!!  So i figured problem solved.  I slow to speed schedule and call Gear Down ... nothing.  I call Flaps 20 .... nothing.  Again, for Flaps 20 and Gear Down I had to handle it myself.

So ... what am I doing wrong?  I made the following cheat sheet to keep my circuit procedures on a single page on one of my upper monitors.  Am I missing something?  I wouldnt think I am since I did the first pattern successfully and on the first pattern she DID do gear down and Flaps 20/25.

Here is my cheat sheet ... items I call verbally are in red.  Actions I must do on my own are in blue.

NOTE: Unlike other FS2Crew versions – no need to mess with approach brief for circuits.

Ensure FMC is completed in full.

• Takeoffs will be FLAPS 20 for these operations.
  • Before takeoff: THIS WILL BE A TOUCH AND GO. This should put FS2Crew into Touch and Go mode.
  • Vref+15 to 25 to pattern altitude
  • Retract only to Flaps 5. This should trigger FO after takeoff flow
  • Turn Crosswind then run After Takeoff Checklist
  • Turn Downwind then run Descent Checklist
  • @Threshold, run the Approach Checklist, then FLAPS 20, GEAR DOWN
  • Turn to Base leg then LANDING FLAPS 25 then LANDING CHECKLIST
If approach missed: GO AROUND, wait for FO to call positive rate, GEAR UP

When done, speak THIS WILL BE A FULL STOP during the circuit to trigger full stop procedures.

So basically once I start the second lap in the pattern, I FS2Crew works on all of the above except for FLAPS 20/25 and GEAR DOWN.

I checked the manual to see if I missed a step to put into my cheat sheet.  I also tried announcing at various stages "This will be a touch and go", to which she acknowledged but nothing made a difference.

So ... I know FS2Crew does work perfectly on patterns or a lot of people would be posting.  No one else has posted this issue, so my question is, "Whisky Tango Foxtrot am I doing wrong?"

Thanks

So I start the approach and call Flaps 15.  She did it.  YAY!!!!!  So i figured problem solved.  I slow to speed schedule and call Gear Down ... nothing.  I call Flaps 20 .... nothing.  Again, for Flaps 20 and Gear Down I had to handle it myself.

Did you see those phrases in the Green Bar to ensure the system 'detected' them'?

Sorry I had to work today.  Just got home.

Yep!  The voice software does acknowledge my phrases exactly as I say them - even on the ones the F/O isn't reacting to.

I am going to do more pattern work tonight or tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the issue again, but, yes, Voice bar did display my commands as I stated them properly ("Gear Down", "Flaps 15", etc.).  Also, I noticed I did not mention this in my OP, but I also assured that Hard Mute was off for the commands, also.  So ... no mute, and FS2Crew was acknowleding my commands ... just no action was being taken after the first circuit.

The one thing I could think of that would cause this is maybe the FO somehow not understanding that the flight was still continuing?  Random glitch after the second takeoff?  

Just a thought ... is there a proper "point" in the procedure to state "This will be a touch and go"?  And do i need to state it during each and every circuit?  if so, is there a preferred time to make the statement?  The manual says I need to state this to put her into "Touch and Go" mode, but does it STAY that way?

EDIT:  I can't edit the title of the thread.  Can someone please change "amd" to "am"?  ROFL.  That typo is like a steering wheel under me kilt!  It's "driving" me nuts!

Still not sure.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Were you below the max flap extension speed?

is there a proper "point" in the procedure to state "This will be a touch and go"?

Say it before takeoff.

You don't need to say it for every subsequent circuit.

Cheers,

EDIT - deleted this post. I posted the wrong video in the wrong aircraft. oops. i am about to record a video of the RIGHT aircraft.

6:30 in the morning, moments after crawling out of bed, is not the wisest time to be flying an aircraft. LOL.

Hi,

Just to clear up a doubt, which Fs2crew/aircraft are you having an issue with, T7 or NGX?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Just to clear up a doubt, which Fs2crew/aircraft are you having an issue with, T7 or NGX?

the ngx according to the post above yours

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

the ngx according to the post above yours

The video is of the NGX but the original post seems to talk about the T7 (flaps 20 which doesn't exist in the B737) and is in the B777 forum, hence the confusion.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

probably  why he  is  having  issues :) trying  to combine  both  the 777 and  the ngx into one

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Bloody seven he**s .... sorry I linked the wrong video.  The NGX works just fine.  It's the 777, so the thread is on the right track but my brain at 6:30 in the morning is not.

I'll record the RIGHT video this time and link it.

By the way, "Good morning, folks"  LOL

Wait, you don't that, do you? You don't call flaps 20 in the NGX!?  :Tounge:

Ok, I'm quite busy flying another aircraft, but I will try to find a bit of time to some pattern with the T7 to check if I have the same issue.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Wait, you don't that, do you? You don't call flaps 20 in the NGX!?  :Tounge:

Ok, I'm quite busy flying another aircraft, but I will try to find a bit of time to some pattern with the T7 to check if I have the same issue.

I didn't, actually.  I woke up, and was like "Okay time to resolve my issue with pattern work in the T7" ... I get my tea, boot up the PC, and sit down.  I select "PMDG" in the free flight and blindly just selected the first logo that had my fictional custom livery ... didn't even pay attention to the fact that it was the 737.  You'd think I'd have caught it when I loaded in, but I just sipped my tea and waited the requisite 3-4 minutes for the scenery to load (gotta love photo scenery and the load times).  

So now I am browsing news articles, sipping me tea, and the A/C loads in ... the 737 ... but I just subconsciously click "Broadcast" in OBS and start flying.

I do the first pattern ... all works.  Cool.  I do the second pattern ... all works.  Wait, maybe the issue fixed itself?  On the THIRD pattern ... it suddenly kicks in ... wait ... isn't my F/O supposed to be FEMALE?  And ... wait that's the T7 ... wait ... the T7 ... oh crap ... Full stop ... let's wake up first THEN try this.  ROFL.

getting more  amusing  by the minute :Tounge:

Peter kelberg

:LMAO: Exactly me before my first coffee in the morning!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I'm just so bloody glad I have never done that when flying in real life.  I can picture it now ... Steel City Aviation ... "Hi, guys, I'm here for the Cessna 172" ... walk out and preflight and take off ... get a radio call, "Uh ... why did you take off in the Cessna 150?  Didn't you want the 172?" ... 

Anyway, I am streaming on twitch right now - https://www.twitch.tv/faelandaea - once the video processes I'll get it over to YouTube but for now if anyone is bored (and still amused) feel free to see what I am doing wrong there.  LOL.