Sign in to follow this  
bartgast

Problem I can't really explain

Hello,

I have a problem with the 777 being unable to fly. The screens only update every 2-3 seconds. This problem occurs at any random moment but only while in the air

When the problem happens this shows up in the log

readPrecipData: Previous cycle not finished.
Aircraft update lock is stuck at 56; unlocking

I hope you can help me with this problem,

Bart Stoop

I hope you can help me with this problem,

Are you running ASN or AS2016 while using the sim? If so, try a flight without it to see how it goes.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you running ASN or AS2016 while using the sim? If so, try a flight without it to see how it goes.

I will try one without ASN and keep you updated, thanks!

If you are using P3D do you have run as administrator set for all the exe's and also you need to add all the exes to the windows defender exempt list if running win8 or win10. This is my guess for what may be causing it. - David Lee

If you are using P3D do you have run as administrator set for all the exe's and also you need to add all the exes to the windows defender exempt list if running win8 or win10. This is my guess for what may be causing it. - David Lee

You mean everything that's running with or in P3D? I have EZDok, ASN and P3D all running with administrator. I always disable Windows Defender and have all the folders and executables for flightsim exlcuded.

I just finished my flight from EDDM to EGCC without ASN and didn't have a single problem. So we can safely say that ASN is the cause of this. 

I do have one question: Why am I the only one with this problem?

Why not mention what sort of system and set up you have? If ASN is the cause there is something very wrong with one or the other.

David Jones

Why not mention what sort of system and set up you have? If ASN is the cause there is something very wrong with one or the other.

David Jones

I have a GTX 960 2GB, I5 4690K @3.5GHz, 16GB DDR 3 Ram, GigaByte H81M, 1TB HDD and a 650 Watt PSU running Windows 10 64 Bit. I use a Saitek Pro flight Yoke with throttles and a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 for the rudders. If there is any more you would like to know i will tell you.

I have a GTX 960 2GB, I5 4690K @3.5GHz, 16GB DDR 3 Ram, GigaByte H81M, 1TB HDD and a 650 Watt PSU running Windows 10 64 Bit. I use a Saitek Pro flight Yoke with throttles and a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 for the rudders. If there is any more you would like to know i will tell you.

I'd bring this up to HiFi. They'd want to know if it's an issue, or, if it's more related to your specific installation, then they'd probably better be able to help.

Kyle Rodgers

I'd bring this up to HiFi. They'd want to know if it's an issue, or, if it's more related to your specific installation, then they'd probably better be able to help.

Ok wilco, thanks!

Hello,

I've got an update on the problem. I spent my weekend reinstalling my sim and the problem seems to be solved now!  :dance:

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! 

Hi guys,

Another update, the problem appeared again when using the built in P3D weather without having ASN installed. So is this a PMDG problem now?

I have never heard of this issue, Do you have screenshots?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So is this a PMDG problem now?

Apart from this post, I've never heard of it, so I highly doubt it.

Full names in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Even if you don't start the ASN program it's module still gets loaded in both the exe.xml and dll.xml. If you suspect that I would go ahead and uninstall it and make sure the 2 entries are removed.