Sign in to follow this  
bartgast

Problem I can't really explain

I have never heard of this issue, Do you have screenshots?

there is not really a point in sending a screenshot because you wont notice it with a picture...

Apart from this post, I've never heard of it, so I highly doubt it.

Full names in the forum please.

Bart Stoop is the name, as stated earlier

Even if you don't start the ASN program it's module still gets loaded in both the exe.xml and dll.xml. If you suspect that I would go ahead and uninstall it and make sure the 2 entries are removed.

ASN isn't installed on this fresh install of Windows 10

Apart from this post, I've never heard of it, so I highly doubt it.

It's really strange, all my other add-ons with weather radars dont have this problem.... 

Bart Stoop is the name, as stated earlier

Every post that you make requires your first and last name - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/.

Set it up so that is done automatically. Try this - click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

Have you contacted HiFi regarding this matter? Would you be so kind as to share what they have said?

PMDG stresses that uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't necessarily fix problems, and may even make them worse.

Another question I have is...have you tried running ASN while flying other, non-PMDG add-on airplanes? What was the result?

Another question I have is...have you tried running ASN while flying other, non-PMDG add-on airplanes? What was the result?

Yes I have, all the other aircraft using a weather engine (Majestic Dash 8, IFly 747 V2, Aerosoft Airbus X) have no problem at all...

The guys over at HiFi told me it wasn't their fault because they didn't see anything in the ASN logs..

Bart Stoop

Thanks for getting your signature squared away.

Thank you.

Bart,

Any chance you have FSUIPC installed?  This sounds suspiciously like FSUIPC Auto Save at work when the sim is loading up with weather.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I also use P3d v 3.3., AS2016 and when I begin with cold and dark panel state, I have the same Problems.

Starting with long panel state, everything works fine.

What about your panel state, Bart?

Stefan

Bart,

Any chance you have FSUIPC installed?  This sounds suspiciously like FSUIPC Auto Save at work when the sim is loading up with weather.

Sorry I'm responding so late!

I do have FSUIPC installed, but so many other people have it installed too. So how am I the only one having this problem?

I also use P3d v 3.3., AS2016 and when I begin with cold and dark panel state, I have the same Problems.

Starting with long panel state, everything works fine.

What about your panel state, Bart?

Stefan

I guess it's worth trying it out, thank you very much!

Bart,

I specifically was asking about the Autosave feature in FSUIPC.  It should be disabled as it can cause those kind of freezes.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Bart,

I specifically was asking about the Autosave feature in FSUIPC.  It should be disabled as it can cause those kind of freezes.

So the autosave causes the aircraft's instruments and the autopilot (not the sim) to freeze every 2-3 seconds? I'm sure the sim doesn't freeze because I can still pan around.

So the autosave causes the aircraft's instruments and the autopilot (not the sim) to freeze every 2-3 seconds? I'm sure the sim doesn't freeze because I can still pan around.

The sim might not behave exactly as you might expect. Try disabling autosave, or set the frequency of the saves to a lot less and see how it behaves. Note that our aircraft are not running the default processes in the sim, so the freezes in the aircraft might not be a complete freeze of the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

The sim might not behave exactly as you might expect. Try disabling autosave, or set the frequency of the saves to a lot less and see how it behaves. Note that our aircraft are not running the default processes in the sim, so the freezes in the aircraft might not be a complete freeze of the sim.

Will try one without autosave thx!

I can confirm it is autosave causing this! Thanks for all the help!

So we can safely say that ASN is the cause of this.

I've got an update on the problem. I spent my weekend reinstalling my sim and the problem seems to be solved now!

I can confirm it is autosave causing this!

???