Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

EZdok problem

Hello guys, 

I've been flying now for ages but my EZdok configuration is a little frustrating me, I've searched for solutions for this problem and never found one...

Well my picture sais the problem, when I go out my cockpit with just my arrows then I see a white just the nose from the plane only white and the cockpit and nothing more...

at the time until now it is annoying me and I want to fly properly with EZdok.

Here is the picture included: 

https://postimg.org/image/clfi2uumv/

I'm looking forward to hearing a fast reply...

Thank you!

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

You could provide a little bit more information.

What a/c?

Did you test any other aircraft?

Which EZdok version?

How does it look like in the cockpit?

You can't just go out of the cockpit with the arrows, when inside. The outside module is a barebone version, because it's rendering all the cockpit stuff. You need to specifically do an outside view in EZDok. Sometimes you need to select an outside view, before selecting the external view in EZdok.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I disagree. You *can* go outside, and it might even look OK, depending how dev made it. Does it look as detailed as an external view of the aircraft (spot), probably not. See below... (didn't compare it to external view, but you get the point)

http://oi68.tinypic.com/smelb8.jpg

I disagree. You *can* go outside, and it might even look OK, depending how dev made it. Does it look as detailed as an external view of the aircraft (spot), probably not. See below... (didn't compare it to external view, but you get the point)

http://oi68.tinypic.com/smelb8.jpg

I agree with you, I can go outside from the cockpit with my arrows, It's an A320, but most aircrafts are like this when I'm using EZdok. 

I upload some pictures from the 'Locked Spot' & 'Cockpit View' from EZdok and my EZdok settings...

Sorry for my late reply, I was flying online. 

Here are the pictures: 

https://postimg.org/image/fck2lom1j/

https://postimg.org/image/o6az2s907/

https://postimg.org/image/4zwcpwbh3/

If someone can help me here, I'd be thankful to you. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

I think you are misunderstanding, I didn't mean it's physically impossible to nor that some planes didn't have a basic exterior model when going outside, from cockpit view. However, you generally won't be able to go outside and see the model. When you do it in the Airbus, you'll just get a white shell, because the cockpit modelling is so heavy already, they can't also render the entire plane! It's framerate heavy enough already. A lot of detailed planes will have a severely cut down model if you manually go outside from VC view. 

So there's nothing you can do, that's how it's supposed to work. If you moved into the cockpit when looking at the full external model, you wouldn't see the fully modelled cockpit either.

There is a bug where you click external 'Aircraft' view in EZdok and it'll give you that model. That's because it still thinks you are in VC-mode. Then you need to manually select an external view from within the game, before you select the external EZdok cam.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I think you are misunderstanding, I didn't mean it's physically impossible to nor that some planes didn't have a basic exterior model when going outside, from cockpit view. However, you generally won't be able to go outside and see the model. When you do it in the Airbus, you'll just get a white shell, because the cockpit modelling is so heavy already, they can't also render the entire plane! It's framerate heavy enough already. A lot of detailed planes will have a severely cut down model if you manually go outside from VC view. 

So there's nothing you can do, that's how it's supposed to work. If you moved into the cockpit when looking at the full external model, you wouldn't see the fully modelled cockpit either.

There is a bug where you click external 'Aircraft' view in EZdok and it'll give you that model. That's because it still thinks you are in VC-mode. Then you need to manually select an external view from within the game, before you select the external EZdok cam.

Correct.  Ezdok has three view systems,  VC, external and world cam.  If you leave the virtual cockpit while in that mode you wont see the exterior as you need to be in the external camera mode.  Same if you go into the VC in external mode it wont be fully modeled.

At least this is how it is with PMDG aircraft.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Correct.  Ezdok has three view systems,  VC, external and world cam.  If you leave the virtual cockpit while in that mode you wont see the exterior as you need to be in the external camera mode.  Same if you go into the VC in external mode it wont be fully modeled.

I see, well I uploaded another picture... How can I be in the External View? ... 

When I fly I'm always in the VC, but when I go forward with my arrow then the nose is white as I said included in the picture, can you explain me how to see the colors of the plane and to be in the External View mode please? 

Picture: https://postimg.org/image/8azexhg7b/

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

I see, well I uploaded another picture... How can I be in the External View? ... 

When I fly I'm always in the VC, but when I go forward with my arrow then the nose is white as I said included in the picture, can you explain me how to see the colors of the plane and to be in the External View mode please? 

Picture: https://postimg.org/image/8azexhg7b/

You need to create a camera in the middle aircraft column.  Heres a tutorial by Matt Davies on how to set it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMZT84FWo4

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

The reason for this is, that an aircraft in P3D (and FSX before it) actually has two models, an external (="normal") and an "internal" one. Check the "model" subfolder(s) in the aircraft folder, and in there the file "model.cfg" and you will notice that it references two different .mdl files.

AFAIK both models cannot be displayed at the same time. With the native camera system, the category of the camera definition defines which one of the models you will see - category "Cockpit" loads and displays the internal model and basically all others will load and display the external model.

EZDOK VC view (left column in the EZDOK studio app) are all "Cockpit" type cameras, so when you choose one of those, you will only be able to navigate in the internal model (in fact, as far as I am aware they are all based on the one single VC camera definition of EZDOK and this single view is elaborately repositioned if you choose another "camera" in EZDOK). The middle column defines "Aircraft" cameras, and you will only get the external model if you switch to and between them.

There is no way to seamlessly slew between internal and external model, the simulator has to reload the pertaining .mdl file so you can see it. As this takes a little moment, the developers of the FSX/P3D/ESP platform decided that you have to change to a different camera category for this to happen.

Some deveolpers choose to build complex internal models, complete with passenger cabins, pieces of the fuselage around the VC and wings, but others do not. You will find the complex internal models especially on the military fighters or smaller airplanes, where you can actually see a lot of the airplane from the cockpit. But with quite a few of the airliner addons you cannot even see the wingtips from the cockpit - because they have not been included in the internal model (it only contains/displays the internal view of the cockpit).

LORBY-SI

It looks like your flying the Aerosoft Airbus A320. I have this addon and I can tell you that what you see when you move outside the cockpit is completely normal. The reason for this, is because it saves on framerate, because the cockpit views won't have to render anything that doesn't need to be rendered (like the outer textures on the aircraft). As others have said, you need to set up an external view. In an external view everything is the complete opposite. The outside will be rendered perfectly but if you move into the cockpit it will be all blurry.

It's worth noting that hi-res virtual cockpits on any addon aircraft tends to be very hard on framerates, compared with the outside textures. That's the reason why internal and external views aren't integrated as one.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough