Sign in to follow this  
Homer1979

Taxi B777-300ER

hello guys

i have a problem with the 777-300ER. when i taxi, the aircraft turns always to the right. always a little bit. this problem i only have with the 300ER. The 200LR / F is rolling straight down the taxiway. but the 300 turns to the right at every taxiway.

with other aircraft, the md11 or freeware aircraft etc. i don´t have a problem.

can you help me please?

i have the FSX-Version.

thank you

Mario Murhöfer

Mario, turning tendency while taxiing can be caused by asymmetrical thrust, cross winds or controller problems. Be assured there is not a bug in the product causing this, now you can take steps to determine why you are experiencing this.  Are you using rudder pedals? Do you have autorudder turned off as recommended? Do you have dual throttles controlling engines, and are they calibrated with same settings?

I am confused at

turns to the right at every taxiway.
, does this mean it does not turn right on the ramp or runway?

Dan Downs KCRP

hey thanks for the fast answer.

i mean, it turns righ every time, when i taxi. on the apron and other areas of the airport. crosswind from left or right......or no wind.....it turns right.

i don´t think that i have problems with the controler because this happends only with the 777-300ER. other planes are rolling straight ahead. autoruder is off.

Mario Murhöfer

i don´t think that i have problems with the controler because this happends only with the 777-300ER

Other aircraft might simply not be as sensitive.

Unplug your hardware and try to taxi using the F1, F2, F3, and F4 commands.

Kyle Rodgers

okay....i ´ve tried to taxi only with keyboard commands and have disconnect my controler. same problem. the mighty plane turnes right. :sad:

Mario Murhöfer

okay....i ´ve tried to taxi only with keyboard commands and have disconnect my controler. same problem. the mighty plane turnes right.

And you're 100% sure that you have the weather fully disabled?

Do you use FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

okay guys. i have fixed the problem. i think it was a little bug in a saved panelstate. i´m allways save my flights with this aircraft to the same filename. and then it is of course the same name for the panelstate. i think, i have used the rudertrim a few weeks ago. then i save the flight and pull the setting through all the saved flights with this aircraft. yesterday i take a look at the rudertrim and it showes me a value that was a little bit to the right. i´ve pushed the reset button and nothing happend. then i turn it to the middle. taxi was ok. no right turn. and no the funny thing.......with the rudertrim in the middle i pushed the reset button again......and the trim jumps to the value from before! :shok:

okay..... i saved my flight with the trim in the middle and now everything is fine again. my stupid fault.

nevertheless thank you for the help guys.

wish you a great weekend

and pmdg........please hurry a bit with the 747! :Big Grin: :db:

Mario Murhöfer

okay..... i saved my flight with the trim in the middle and now everything is fine again. my stupid fault.

Thanks very much for posting the solution, which may help others with the same problem.  Not stupid at all, this is how experience is gained.

Dan Downs KCRP