Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

FS2004 "rebuilding databases"

>I must admit, I think it's high time now that we stopped>messing about with the clocks twice a year now.>there was talk of this about three years ago, but nothing came>of it, it all seems a bit ark-aid now to keep doing this, and>what a chore it is to keep altering all the clocks and gizmo's>in the house/car etc twice a year as well.>just my opinion of course,I also hate the system :( I cannot believe we have to do it. They did it to reduce the number of deaths in the evening, but the mornings are darker as a result. It's time the UK moved out of the Dark Ages :)

>Well, it does it on my machine almost every time it starts.>Never bothered to find out why, could be because I've a time>server hooked up which updates the time from an external>source every few hours.My machine does the same. It is really annoying. Even if I havn't added any scenery or made any changes, it still goes through the 'Generating Scenery / Building database' sequences. If anyone can offer any suggestions as to why this might be occurring all the time, I would be most grateful to receive their ideas, as I would love to solve this annoying problem.Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest Kingair315

One of the main reasons the clocks are changed, is for children going to school. It gives them more daylight after school for playtime. They need exposure to the sun for Vitamin D, children can get rickets if they dont get enough. It also helps burn off their energy so they dont drive adults crazy in the evening when it is our time to rest.

All these may be sound reasons to make the change (although I'm not aware of Rickets being much of a problem in the last few decades !) however I can't believe that any of them would have been used to make the official decision !I'm sure any parent of young children would be sympathetic, though !Alastair