Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

What is this weird light?

I've never seen this before. I thought it had something to do with HDR, but it was still like this with HDR turned off. Does anyone know?

Edit: It seems like its only showing up at night with PMDG 737 loaded. Those weird lights are gone when loading a different aircraft.

gkt8KmJ.jpg

It could be one of the aircraft lights. Try turning them off one at a time and see if it disappears.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

It could be one of the aircraft lights. Try turning them off one at a time and see if it disappears.

The plane was cold & dark :-/

What airport is that and what other addons (like for example GSX) do you have installed?

• Upvote 1

What airport is that and what other addons (like for example GSX) do you have installed?

Its ENDU (part of the Airports of Norway pack). But im pretty sure i saw the same lights on Aerosoft Mega Airport Oslo (that was after takeoff, the whole airport was covered in weird lights).

Addons i have GSX, AS16 + ASCA, REX4 Texture Direct.

My guess is it a rogue light effect from a simobject which is invisible (in error). It looks more like a light pool effect from an overhead light tower, rather than an invisible GSX vehicle.

Try reinstalling either the airport in question or the standalone GSX Addon Manager app. It's also possible that you have your scenery library out of order some how with multiple versions of that airport present (ORBX scenery?). Unfortunately, I don't have the airports of Norway pack, so I can't check this any further, but make sure that you have the most recent version installed (3.84?).

My guess is it a rogue light effect from a simobject which is invisible (in error). It looks more like a light pool effect from an overhead light tower, rather than an invisible GSX vehicle.

Try reinstalling either the airport in question or the standalone GSX Addon Manager app. It's also possible that you have your scenery library out of order some how with multiple versions of that airport present (ORBX scenery?). Unfortunately, I don't have the airports of Norway pack, so I can't check this any further, but make sure that you have the most recent version installed (3.84?).

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely try your suggestions.

Edit: I just uinstalled GSX but it didnt help. Also tried uinstalling AS16 + ACSA, but no help..

If you know it, try disabling the bgl file for the location in the scenery library.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If you know it, try disabling the bgl file for the location in the scenery library.

Vic

Its not only ENDU that is affected. What will disabling the .bgl file do?

If it stops, you have a pretty good indication that it is scenery related. If you say it's at more than one airport, is it all in the same scenery area? If yes - contact the developer of the scenery. It's not necessarily a P3D issue. I agree that it looks like a light object of some kind.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If it stops, you have a pretty good indication that it is scenery related. If you say it's at more than one airport, is it all in the same scenery area? If yes - contact the developer of the scenery. It's not necessarily a P3D issue. I agree that it looks like a light object of some kind.

Vic

It looks like it affects all the airports from the Airports of Norway pack. But, it looks like i have the same problem on Aerosoft's Mega Airport Oslo aswell.

Something in the underlying Norway scenery? If you disable one or the other ( Airports of Norway or Aerosoft Mega) does the other still have the effect?

Vic

light pool effect from an overhead light tower,

That was what I first thought of, Jay, but as I am not as expert as you re:simobjects, I kept my thoughts to myself.

Are you running FSX version of PMDG in P3D?

Cheers, Rob.

Something in the underlying Norway scenery? If you disable one or the other ( Airports of Norway or Aerosoft Mega) does the other still have the effect?

Vic

When disabling AoN the weird light goes away and im left with no light on the airport except runway lights (thats probably normal?).

But when i disable Mega Airport Oslo it gets even worse:

j9vdL14.jpg

Are you running FSX version of PMDG in P3D?

Cheers, Rob.

I thought the problem only occurred with the 737, but i found out the problem shows up with whatever airplane i load. And im pretty sure im using the P3D version.