Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Airbus Decision

Been wanting to add a good Airbus into my hanger. I have it narrowed down to the new CLS and the SSW A310. Have been impressed with the CLS customer support, but not sure about SSW. The SSW panels (2D and VC) look sharper. I do realize the CLS does not have FMC, but I believe it has clickable VC. Does the SSW have a fully operational FMC and clickable VC? I am concerned about frame rates since I only have a P4-2.4GHZ processor. The LDL 767 has good fps perfromance, could I expect the same for the SSW or would it be similar to the PMDG 737? (My fps are lower with the PMDG). And finally there is a cost differential of about $14. Would appreciate any experience you could share with either of these Birds.Carl Dell 8250, P4 2.4, 5900XT, 768MB RDRAMPMDG737, LDL767, DF727, A36, and more

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Probably worth doing a search on this forum as the same question has been asked and answered many times.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Thanks for your replies. Yes I know that the Airbus has been discussed many times. I have narrowed it down to the two mentioned. I really am interested in the VC and fps. I am leaning toward the SSW but not wanting to put up the extra $$ if it will be a big hit on fps and you cannot fly from the cockpit using the VC (clickable). If the fps are similar to the PMDG then I would sacrifice the FMC for better fps in the CLS or even a PSS.ThanksCarl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Len

SSW has a beautiful VC. Maybe the most beautiful around. Unfortunately it's not clickable. However, you need the FMC for these planes and if the other one you mention doesn't have it I wouldn't buy it. SSW is a beautifully complex addon with lots of buttons to push.The other complex Airbus with some unresolved bugs but still does the fly by wire the best is Wilco's PIC A320. It doesn't have a 2D panel just a fully clickable VC.

Sorry. Had not intended to sound unhelpful. The A310 is not the same as the FBW buses. SSW have also had an A320 in the pipeline for ages. For learning the Airbus FBW basics the PSS A320 is okay. The A320 PIC is more comprehensive with VC only. You need to read the Wilco forums going way back.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I guess the bottom line as in many threads is we need a new Airbus A320 series in FS2k4. The PSS A320 doesn't have a clickable VC as well and you zero support from the company.At this time the SSW A310 is the best around right now for PMDG/Level-D hardcore quality...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I enjoy the PSS 330/340, they are ok. To be honest the 767 and 747 from the above mentioned companies are better. I think the problem you find with the 330/340 is that they were developed at the end FS2k2 and at the beginning of FS9-ACOF so they are dated but I enjoyed them for the lack of any other long haul available at the time. I think the cycle will come when we all wonder where all the good Boeings have gone.:-)

I appreciate everyone's comments. I realize discussion about the Airbus is becoming boring or redundant. A real bummer is the SSW doesn't have a clickable VC. Dillon, since you have a P4 2.6gig would be curious how are your frame rates or overall perfromance with the SSW compared to the PMDG 737s.Somehow I must have missed the Wilco or I had read the discussion sometime ago and have forgotten that I was not impressed. Will check it out again. thanks to all,Carl

Carl

Guest VAA_008

I'll throw in my 2 cents as well.I got a few combo of airbus and panels. I would have to say that my favorite would be the PSS series followed closely by freeware products from iFDG if you add a good panel to them (either from Eric Marciano or Ken Mitchell)My advice would be to stay away from Wilco's A320 PIC unless you are willing to not use a 2D panel and reconfigure the key assignements.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

PSS panel merged with iFDG and using the tweaks by Thomas Kwong and a soundset of your choice. Can't be beat. It has no VC, but that's about the only limitation.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Hey Carl first of all no Airbus thread is boring or redundant due to the fact that Airbus has little or no attention from any developers in this community. Threads like this get the word out that people would like to have these planes represented in FS9. I've been saying this since the release of FS2k4 and in the process been labeled as a PSS hater (which I am on some level because of how the Airbus A320 series has been handled in FS2k4). It's nice to finally hear more voices than just mine about the lack of true Airbuses in Flight Simulator.As far as framerates go I would say SSW's VC is a little lighter on framerates than PMDG's 737. That's of course if you adjust the proper display options for the VC in the upper SSW menu (next to the FSUIPC drop down).For the record Carl don't touch the Wilco A320PIC because in essence it's crappy with zero support. It's actually worse than the PSS bird as far as functionality goes. It was made for FS2k2 in which it implemented a clickable VC before Microsoft got around to it. It was a framerate hog in FS2k2 as well as FS2k4. You have to turn your default VC options down to the lowest level in order to get decent framerates. Controlling basic things like the throttle and panning around the VC is totally different with this add-on than any other add-on available. Case in point (if I remember correctly), you have to push the mouse forward to move the throttle forward and vise versa, reversers had to be controlled by

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I use the PSS A340 and A320 panels coupled to the iFDG visual model :)---------------------------------------"If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/smug.gif" ... hang on a minute .... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif ... that is too restrictive and blinkered ... I'll fly an FS plane WITHOUT a VC .... it really doesn't bother me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/eh-up.gif

Thanks again for all the comments on the airbus. Dillon, I finally remembered the Wilco as well as their recent A380. Has potential but not ready for prime time. It looks as if the SSW almost has it right if they could just get a good workable VC and maybe tweak the frame rates some. I assume their FMC is ok. I like your quotes "If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it". I prefer good user frinedly VC as first choice. Apprerciate everyone's contribution to assist me in trying to make a decision on an Airbus. After reading the comments I may just have to sit this one out for awhile. I still have a lot of work to do in trying to become a decent flight simmer with the LDL 767, DF 727, and on occassion the PMDG 737s. Regards and may better flying days be ahead ,Carl

Carl