Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-46-28-27_cr_zpsdsb

Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-50-53-07_cr_zpsmah

Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-52-28-86_cr_zpsgcw

Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-55-08-32_cr_zpsvtn

Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-57-43-99_cr_zpswe2

Dwm%202016-07-22%2003-59-40-76_cr_zpstwq

I hope you enjoyed the ride! Cheers :)

• Upvote 3

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Beautiful shots...love those!

HLJAMES

Tad washed out but still beautiful - reshade might be a little over the top but pics dont always tell the real story 

Rich Sennett

Very nice sky and clouds!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Tad washed out

Interesting you say that - these are the closest to the real world that I've seen in many moons.

There's a tendency in screenshots to go for the Dramatic high-contrast shader options.

Many remind me of my old CRT display which essentially did "on" or "off" and nothing in between.

Real life ain't like that.

The gentleman whose wife said the sims look cartoonish could come and look at these!  :Applause:

Fine series.  Fun ride, but my stomach is a tad upset (LOL)

Thanks guys!

Interesting you say that - these are the closest to the real world that I've seen in many moons.

There's a tendency in screenshots to go for the Dramatic high-contrast shader options.

Many remind me of my old CRT display which essentially did "on" or "off" and nothing in between.

The gentleman whose wife said the sims look cartoonish could come and look at these!  :Applause:

I completely agree with this, especially after what Richard said, he confused me with his opinion lol. This preset is the most realistic one I've seen so far. Remember guys, if you want to mimic GoPro camera, go with ugly high contrast image and burned clouds. If you want to mimic what our eyes see, go with this "washed out" look. Why? Well human eye have pretty high dynamic range, means it can "capture" pretty dark and bright areas and adapt the image to some kind of HDR image (lifted shadows, toned down bright areas). GoPro acmera and other low budget cameras (smartphones for example) have very low dynamic range (50% less or more) and logically all lighting information are packed in the centre of the histogram, means shadows are black, bright is white.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Not the environment that looks great - the aircraft looks a bit washed out - should have stated that - everyone has there preference on what looks good I like a nice sharp aircraft 

Also you do not post any dusk or dawn shots - you should as we can see you have nailed the day time

Rich Sennett

Not the environment that looks great - the aircraft looks a bit washed out - should have stated that - everyone has there preference on what looks good I like a nice sharp aircraft 

Also you do not post any dusk or dawn shots - you should as we can see you have nailed the day time

Hm, aircraft has strong environment reflections, maybe it is washed out because of that. I will post dusk or dawn shots, but as you know they mostly depend on sky textures, and my sky textures that I'm using are WIP.

Only dusk shot I've shared so far with this preset:

Dwm%202016-07-20%2003-10-55-98_cr_zpsdjh

Number 2 looks pretty much like what you'd expect in RW.

The gentleman whose wife said the sims look cartoonish could come and look at these! :Applause:

I agree, it looks very realistic compared to many of the dark daytime screen shots I see posted here. The earth is a bright place and this accurately reflects it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator