Sign in to follow this  
TszChun

Have Anyone Here flown into FlyTampa Toronto CYYZ without OOM?

Hello all,

I haven't experienced oom for a long while since I dicovered the workaround to significantly reduce the risk of OOM (not to select STAR in preflight stage but before descent, because the VAS may continuously accumulate en-route if the STAR has a certain kind of missed approach precedure), but everything got ruined when I flew my PMDG 777 into CYYZ.

I am just curious to know if there is someone who has successfully fly a PMDG 777 into Flytampa Toronto CYYZ. Even though I had a flight from Flightbeam KSFO HD to FSDT KLAX, I didn't experience OOM. My settings are definitely not agressive, but moderate. I have no idea why I still got OOM...

I have tested the sceneries by Process Explorer, and noticed that 3.1 to 3.5GB VAS has been used just after I started the flight at gate and pan around the cockpit...I have FTX Global with Vector installed. You may say it consumes VAS so much and should be the cause of the OOM, but I have successfully made flights without OOM with the same settings and addons installed for almost a year. Therefore I think there should be some other reasons...

In addition, although I have turned "Transparent Glass and Interiors" option ON, I still can't see through the glass of terminals. Does anyone here having any idea?

Here are some crucial parameters in fsx.cfg

LOD_RADIUS=4.5
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

Here are my settings in Flytampa Configurator:

3D Grass...OFF
3D Grass (ramp)...OFF
3D People...OFF
Static Vehicles...OFF
Animated Cars...OFF
Animated Apron Traffic...OFF

Transparent Glass and Interiors...ON
(all options in "effect" section)...ON
Animated Traffic Lights...ON

Anson Cheung

I don't have this airport, but i know it's a bad idea to set TEXTURE MAX LOAD to 4096. Set it to 2048 and try again, you should be fine.

Do you have 4096 in fsx.cfg or you have installed CYYZ 4096 textures? In any case, set both to 2048, but in fsx.cfg is more important to do this :)

Also, disable all other add-on scenery that you don't need for current flight, especially photo scenery, here is a great tool for that: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

I don't have this airport, but i know it's a bad idea to set TEXTURE MAX LOAD to 4096. Set it to 2048 and try again, you should be fine. Also, disable all other add-on scenery that you don't need for current flight, especially photo scenery, here is a great tool for that: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have researched into different parameters which would be the possible causes of OOM, and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is the one. As I know FlyTampa created the scenery by 2048 textures, plus I have used this settings for almost a year without OOM, so I dont think it affects much.

Also, I have Flytampa CYYZ only in that area, so it is almost impossible that other addon sceneries causes the OOM.

Anyway thanks very much for your answers!

Anson

Did you install the "Lite" version?  I have a terrible time at this airport, not OOM issues as much as bad frames (NGX). All of my other payware airports, including their KTPA perform great.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Also, I have Flytampa CYYZ only in that area, so it is almost impossible that other addon sceneries causes the OOM.

All sceneries that are enabled in scenery library will use some VAS, which leads to OOM. It doesn't matter in which area you fly. You can fly in Europe and sceneries from China will use VAS if enabled.

You can test it and see which settings are affecting VAS a lot. Get process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

You can also try this fix if you are on windows 7, i don't know about other versions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947246  It helps a bit, but settings are more important

I don't get any OOM issue but my textures are limited to 1024. I have never tried with 4096.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Did you install the "Lite" version?  I have a terrible time at this airport, not OOM issues as much as bad frames (NGX). All of my other payware airports, including their KTPA perform great.

I haven't got the lite texture pack installed just because I want to enjoy the amazing visual effect created by FlyTampa. But still I would install it if there is no other options for me...

How much VAS remaining when you landed the airport? Did you get the transparent glass of the terminal shown?

All sceneries that are enabled in scenery library will use some VAS, which leads to OOM. It doesn't matter in which area you fly. You can fly in Europe and sceneries from China will use VAS if enabled.

You can test it and see which settings are affecting VAS a lot. Get process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

You can also try this fix if you are on windows 7, i don't know about other versions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947246

Thanks for your solution.

FlyTampa CYYZ is the only airport at which I have experienced OOM. I flew from FSDT KLAX v2 to Flightbeam KSFO HD which are definitely the two complicated sceneries with other online traffics but no OOM. So strange,,,

I have tested the sceneries by Process Explorer, and noticed that 3.1 to 3.5GB VAS has been used just after I started the flight at gate and pan around the cockpit...

I don't get any OOM issue but my textures are limited to 1024. I have never tried with 4096.

May I ask you whether you can get the transparent glass and interiors of the terminals properly shown?

Anson

I have it and have almost everything turned off.  I also have the lite textures installed and for whatever reason it always comes close to OOM or OOM's.  I actually think it has to do more with Orbx Canada Vector and LC than anything else, maybe try turning down the settings there and see what happens.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have it and have almost everything turned off.  I also have the lite textures installed and for whatever reason it always comes close to OOM or OOM's.  I actually think it has to do more with Orbx Canada Vector and LC than anything else, maybe try turning down the settings there and see what happens.

Nice to see somebody successfully landing at the airport.

I don't prefer to disable so much options just because I have paid for those nice eye-candy. It is acceptable for me to disable some of them but not all actually :Shame On You:

I am just using FTX Global with Vector...

Anson

In addition, although I have turned "Transparent Glass and Interiors" option ON, I still can't see through the glass of terminals. Does anyone here having any idea?
If you can't see through the glass, I would turn that option off. It sounds like a real VAS eater.

If you can't see through the glass, I would turn that option off. It sounds like a real VAS eater.

I would probably install lite texture pack just to reserve VAS for the transparent glass if it really works :Devil:

With Vector and LC I got non stop OOMs at Toronto. Without them none yet. Also using Lite textures and they look fine. 

Dave

With Vector and LC I got non stop OOMs at Toronto. Without them none yet. Also using Lite textures and they look fine. 

Dave

Thanks for your solution. I am also curious to know if you have turned on Transparent Glass and Interiors. If yes, do you get them properly shown?