Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

Thanks Julian.

In the past I messed around a lot to fork in scenery designed for previous versions but at this time I decided to only use scenery designed for the version I'm on.

Also I remember seeing reports over at Aerosoft's forums from people who did what you did having different kind of issues.

Maybe they tried to install to the Aerosoft folder. Why not give it a try Richard, worse thing that can happen is you have to uninstall it. I have all my AS airports installed. Only Paris CDG is one that does not work

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Another vote for FT EKCH. Another one that in my opinion is right up there, DD EPWA. Beautifully done airport, and when paired with their Warsaw scenery, it makes for a very move region

Already using the impressive EFHK, I was underwhelmed by the much praised ENGM v2.

Maybe they tried to install to the Aerosoft folder. Why not give it a try Richard, worse thing that can happen is you have to uninstall it. I have all my AS airports installed. Only Paris CDG is one that does not work

Yeah, maybe I give it a go later on. Currently I'm busy re-installing all my airports that are fully P3Dv3 compatible after doing a complete reinstallation of my PC.

As I remember it I don't think the issues reported had anything to do with the location where the scenery was installed but rather issues of a more technical nature such as the runway lighting etc not working correctly and IIRC also some weird looking objects in the scenery itself.

However like I said, if it indeed works fine in P3Dv3 no one would be happier than me :smile:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

For me UK2000 EGLL was a no-go and I installled the Aerosoft one which resulted in 10 more fps compared to UK2000. I still like Aerosoft EHAM although it is very outdated. Luckily FT is also making a new version. As for Copenhagen.... You probably won't find anything better soon. 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I still like Aerosoft EHAM although it is very outdated. Luckily FT is also making a new version. As for Copenhagen.... You probably won't find anything better soon.

Let's hope FT Amsterdam will be better or at least on par, can't wait for that one  :good:

Richard Åsberg

Yeah, maybe I give it a go later on. Currently I'm busy re-installing all my airports that are fully P3Dv3 compatible after doing a complete reinstallation of my PC.

As I remember it I don't think the issues reported had anything to do with the location where the scenery was installed but rather issues of a more technical nature such as the runway lighting etc not working correctly and IIRC also some weird looking objects in the scenery itself.

However like I said, if it indeed works fine in P3Dv3 no one would be happier than me :smile:

Aerosoft have almost crawled to a stop when it come to updating airports to V3. They seem to be focused on airports with there well known faulty airport controller eg LKPR. Prague would have been a great airport too , but the developer has decided to add textures via a very buggy dll.  It maybe working now, but it put me off purchasing.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Aerosoft have almost crawled to a stop when it come to updating airports to V3. They seem to be focused on airports with there well known faulty airport controller eg LKPR. Prague would have been a great airport too , but the developer has decided to add textures via a very buggy dll.  It maybe working now, but it put me off purchasing.

Yeah, I know what you mean and as you say there has been lots of issues with APC. However in my case it actually works fine now since my last reinstallation of my PC.

What I did notice though in order for APC to work is that you must run P3D as admin since the APC module is set to be executed as admin by default after installation. So either you need to run P3D as admin as well or reconfigure APC so it won't be executed as admin.

I found any external modules you load for P3D must always be executed in the same way (admin vs non-admin) as you run P3D. Otherwise you will run into problems.

Richard Åsberg

Yeah, I know what you mean and as you say there has been lots of issues with APC. However in my case it actually works fine now since my last reinstallation of my PC.

What I did notice though in order for APC to work is that you must run P3D as admin since the APC module is set to be executed as admin by default after installation. So either you need to run P3D as admin as well or reconfigure APC so it won't be executed as admin.

I found any external modules you load for P3D must always be executed in the same way (admin vs non-admin) as you run P3D. Otherwise you will run into problems.

Thank you for that info Richard. Might explain why I have trouble with SODE

Fly Tampa's LGKR (Corfu) is one of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in my FS life.

The whole island is populated with detailed custom autogen without hard impact on frames rate.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I don't know what A2T EFHK should be? Maybe it is the A-flight version (aerosoft)? I don't find anything via google about A2T. 

As a lot of you, I'm not willing to install Sceneries with the Airport Controller. It only causes problems for me. I hope the next airports will come without the APC (Malaga, Madeira and Pisa). Otherwise I will pass the ones. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I was hoping the guy who mentioned that A2T EFHK scenery would chime in and enlighten the rest of us what scenery he's referring to.

As for APC, SODE etc IMHO things were much better before these extra modules found their way onto the FS scene and I hope they will either quickly improve for 100% stability and zero issues or otherwise disappear. They already caused far too much issues and I think/hope Aerosoft will realize this as well eventually.

I'm far more interested in a good looking scenery that performs well rather than lots of extras I never use and looking through various forums for the last couple of years I don't seem to be the only one.

Also looking at a product such as FT's EKCH which to many myself included is one of the best out there and without any of these extra modules, that to me is proof enough what can be achieved without such modules. It even comes with moving jetways that again IMHO works perfectly fine and it's all built into the scenery.

I think most developers could learn quite a lot from FT.

Richard Åsberg

I think most developers could learn quite a lot from FT.

You are so right Richard. I just landed at FT YSSY, and at gate 52, I selected Cntrl + J and they moved to the door, even the Jetway had lower rotating beacon and spot lights. Don't need the likes of SODE.

You are so right Richard. I just landed at FT YSSY, and at gate 52, I selected Cntrl + J and they moved to the door, even the Jetway had lower rotating beacon and spot lights. Don't need the likes of SODE.

Exactly and I've been saying this to Aerosoft more than once but for whatever reason they don't like me saying this and continue to claim they need extra modules such as SODE to model moving jetways in a good way.

Sure, sometimes you can see things such as how the wheels of the jetway sink into the ground when it's retracted for jetways moving without help from extra modules but to me that isn't a big issue and certainly not something that would justify problematic external modules or no moving jetways at all.

Richard Åsberg

My oh my.  So many good ones to choose from.  Thanks so much for all of these great responses.  Do any of these come with static aircraft on the ground and at the gates?