Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

+1 for aerosoft EFHK, old but unexpectedly good quality. Not much behind flytampa stuff, better than T2G. You will need to workaround huge rwy/twy lights though by saving a couple of textures in older format.

My Top 5 in Europe:

FlyTampa LOWW

FlyTampa EKCH

T2G EDDM

Aerosoft EDDF V2

Aerosoft EGLL

and LOWS and LSZH are pretty cool also as mentioned before.

Best non-European:

FlyTampa OMDB Rebooted

FlyTampa CYYZ

Flightbeam KSFO

I checked FlyTampa OMDB Rebooted out and it does look very good and certainly it's an interesting airport in an equally interesting environment with a number of well-known landmarks.

However I also noticed how it's been out for quite some years so just wanted to ask someone who owns this airport if it installs without any issues into P3Dv3 with no manual intervention (has a proper P3Dv3 installer) and if it still holds its own vs some of the newer airports despite its age?

Richard Åsberg

Its updated by FlyTampa last year (November with a P3D Installer) I think and works without issues in P3D v3. If you have other sceneries from FT working in P3D v3, then this is no problem.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Would and will add EPWA by Dreweicki Design. Nice one with SODE.

EGHI by ORBX is fun in the Dash8 using FTX England. short trips to Rotterdam or Amsterdam.

Otherwise i agree with all of you. Have 98% of them. AS EFHK is working in PREPAR3DV3 here. Cant remember doing anything special to point it.

Forgot AS EDDL. Maybe not the newest but really great

Thanks Michael Moe

Btw. How do i install LHBP?

... and stay away from EDDB Berlin.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Would and will add EPWA by Dreweicki Design. Nice one with SODE.

I agree some of Dreweicki Design's airports are quite nice and I have three of them myself but after seeing a bit too much of the developer's often very arrogant attitude in his support forum I took the decision to get rid of his products from my system and they won't find their way back again any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

JustSim has just released Innsbruck (LOWI), which covers the airport and city. It's available from SimMarket, and, according to them, is their best seller at the moment. For you who also use X-plane, there is also a version for that platform.

I do not have this scenery, but the screenshots look pretty spectacular, and it's available now. However, if you have a little patience you can get the super spectacular, if you are willing to wait a few months. ORBX's Jarrad Marshall is doing the same scenery, and, judging by the preview screen shots, it will be a work of art, probably ORBX's best offering yet! See for yourselves at the ORBX website.

I have a hunch that ORBX was intending to sit on this news a little while longer, but their hand was forced by the release of the JustSim version. This is my speculation only; I don't have any inside information.

Tom

Thanks Tom but this has already been discussed quite a lot the last couple of days in other threads.

However I fully agree that the one coming from Orbx seems to be maybe one of the most impressive airports ever made for our simulators and I'm sure it will deserve it's place in this thread for sure once it has been released :smile:

Richard Åsberg

For now I can recommend Malaga from Aerosoft (SimWings). Very very nice aiport. Costa del Sol is always a great destination for tourists. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Whilst on the Spanish theme, I was very impressed with Valencia X by Latinwings, as featured in the FSL A320-X video we recently shot. The Med is becoming very well populated with add on airports!

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Whilst on the Spanish theme, I was very impressed with Valencia X by Latinwings, as featured in the FSL A320-X video we recently shot. The Med is becoming very well populated with add on airports!

Great video btw. You will love Malaga too. :) 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Great video btw. You will love Malaga too. :)

Thanks! Sadly I'm working away this week so I'm sim-less. Will get it installed upon my return as it looks good.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks Tom but this has already been discussed quite a lot the last couple of days in other threads.

However I fully agree that the one coming from Orbx seems to be maybe one of the most impressive airports ever made for our simulators and I'm sure it will deserve it's place in this thread for sure once it has been released :smile:

Oh yes, ORBX Innsbruck and FTX South + North Germany -> Must buy for me as a German living close to Innsbruck

It's available from SimMarket, and, according to them, is their best seller at the moment.

I always found SimMarket's best seller list very interesting since it will keep changing depending on what products you watch so I don't think you should pay too much attention to it.

If you ask me the logic behind that list seems to be much more about showing products that SimMarket thinks you might want to buy if you get to see them rather than showing a true statistical view of products sold recently.

Richard Åsberg

Anything by Drzewiecki Design. His airports are really detailed.