Sign in to follow this  
Gunbjo

win10 windows installer error

I don't know what to do. I have reformated and reinstalled win10 and when trying  again to install the FSX Gold Edition (acceleration), at the end of DVD2 I get the error 1603 and the explanation that somthing is wrong with the WINDOWS installer.  Win10 contains the ver. 5 and the WIN XP is using the ver.4.5. Could I have a too old ver. of FSX dvds? I never had any problems of this kind when I used WIN XP. I could use win7 for some year before it started to give trouble.

Anyone understand this??  Should I buy a new FSX?

Normaly I would write the code of the product key at the end of DVD2 and after that I would insert the acceleration DVD that has another code. Is the Windows installer part of WIN10 or is  delivered  together with FSX???  It seems to be part of WIN10 so it should not be any problem now, should it?

I hope someone nows about this.

I am grateful for any help

Gunbjo

You probably need to download this Licencing Reset Tool and follow the instructions there.   It works for Win10 and also for your error 1603 (as well as 1722 and 1605).   When you come to the entering the file name in Command Prompt, do this in Command Prompt (Admin).   Also, note the space in resetsldl -All. Go through each step carefully.   If this works for you, then before installing Acceleration, launch FSX, fly an aircraft and make sure everything is working as it should, before installing Acceleration.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928080

Chris

Thanks a lot for a quick answer, Chris. This  has happened to me a couple of times before so I have  already tried it once and no luck. After the "resetsldl -all" I received this answer: "Cleaning up Token Store at C:\Programdata\MICROSOFT\SLDL\\Softwarelicensing". Then it said: "Faild to delete the Token Store,  Error  HRESULT 80004005".

Can I really continue at once with Accelration??  Mustn't I start all over again because I also receive this: "Drawing back the installation"

Anyhow I will try again as the event log also pointed out this place. But first I will wait for your answer before doing anything, of course.

Gunbjo

I have bought a newer version of another app which I installed yesterday without problems.Why doesn't the same happen to this program?? I guess all the applications must use these windows installer files.

Gunbjo

Before attempting installation of FSX or Acceleration pack, all references to them (including in Registry) need to be removed. You could then try the KB928080 link I gave you. Remember when you go to the Command Prompt stage, to use Command Prompt (Admin).

If this Fix still gives same error as before, you may need to look at other options that may help (doing it one at a time):

1. try installing FSX in Clean Boot configuration (via msconfig, and Hide all Microsoft Services) & reboot computer. Remember to go back to Normal Boot afterwards and reboot computer.

2. disconnect antivirus and internet connection when trying to install, to eliminate any interference to installation.

3. create another Win10 account and try installing from there. You can always go back to the old one if FSX installs.

4. windows installer can also be re-registered, but see how you go with the above.

These are the only options that come to mind, except for reinstalling Windows. You will need to have created an iso image of Windows using Windows Media Creation Tool. You can get instructions for it here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

Chris

I did a search in this forum for error 1603 and found where one individual found a solution - http://www.avsim.com/topic/406185-solution-error-1722-and-1603-fsx-gold-edition-windows-8/#entry2653817

Maybe it will help you. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Finally I managed to do it right, so now FSX is installed. It was this DOS command as administrator that was the key. I am adm. all the time so first I didn't understand the importance of using the DOS command, and the manual that I got from MS was from 2012 and there it was nothing about being an adm, so thank you very much indeed for your help. :Party:  :smile:

Gunbjo