Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2 major update with VR and LNAV/VNAV support

JULY 22 - IPACS AEROFLY

Dear Aerofly users, 

we have just published a major update into the Beta channel of Steam. Since we made lots of changes, we will leave it in Beta for now, until we have had enough feedback from you. 

To check out the Beta version of Aerofly FS 2 do the following 

• Right click on Aerofly FS 2 in your Steam Library and choose 'Properties' 
  • From the properties window select the tab titled "Betas". From this page select the applicable beta from the drop-down menu. If you've previously opted into a beta you can opt out by selecting the menu option.

Here is a list of changes: 

• Preliminary support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Please note, this is a very early implementation. Also keep in mind to use a very fast 3D graphic card. 
  • Added buttons to show/hide navaids, airports and waypoints on map in location and navigation menu 
  • Added button to position airplane at start of route in location and navigation menu 
  • Added button to center map on aircraft position 
  • Added button to center map on route 
  • Added current route is displayed on location menu map 
  • Added aircraft equipped with LNAV/VNAV can fly the planned route automatically 
  • Added cockpit navigation displays show route and waypoints and time and distance to next waypoint 
  • Added PFDs show tuned ILS identifier, course and distance 
  • Added autotuning: airliners automatically tune navaids from route, nearby navaids and destination ILS 
  • Fixed route shows magnetic track instead of true track 
  • Added new repaints for F-18, Pitts 
  • Fixed bump mapping on P-38 
  • Fixed rudder assist / autorudder turned off 
  • Added right mouse button to pull knobs in cockpit 
  • Added navigation guides for route (enable/disable with approach guides) 
  • Fixed auto spoiler retract when applying full throttle in all aircraft 
  • Added A320 ECAM pages: engines, electrics, hydraulics, fuel, wheels, flight controls (other pages are not completed yet) 
  • Added A320 automatic ECAM switching and manual page request and page iteration 
  • Work in progress A320 electric and fuel system (closing fuel valves has no effect yet) 
  • Added C172 full electical bus system including battery and alternator simulation 
  • Added C172 radios and navigation instruments can be switched off (and on) 
  • Added C172 turning off the master battery switch will kill all electrics and set the cockpit into a dark state 
  • Work in progress C172 fuel system (closing fuel valves has no effect yet) 
  • Fixed minor bugs on aircraft (landing gear cutting through doors, hidden objects, ...) 
  • Added C172 added waypoints and route display to the moving map display in the cockpit 
  • Added Baron58 electical system, radio stack can be turned off

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi,

Thanks for the link...I feel I'm about to plunge ! Arrrrghhh :Thinking:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Aerofly 2  is slowly getting better. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I'd say it is actually getting new features and tuning so fast that, I can't really believe this much has already been done in such a short period of time since release.

I have Aerofly FS 2 together with MS FLIGHT in my Steam account. Those are just about the two games I own in Steam, but they're also my two preferred sims ever, together with Flight Unlimited 3.

In as far as flight dynamics modeling goes I believe I've finally found something better than the best I have at the top of my list - il-2 Battle of Stalingrad - as was "forced" to use due to the lack of realistic feel on the other civil sims, and ahead of DCS imo. 

Aerofly has a good history of products in the R/C simulation area, and most of my R/C friends use it at home. I was never interested in R/C simulation, which appears as a 2nd order distraction from reality.. a simulation of the simulation :-)  

I did buy and really liked Aerofly FS1, but the features and flying area were rather limited, and contrarily to what is happening with FS2, it didn't progress much from the original release, apart from some excellent add-on aircraft designed by Jet-Pack.

I am putting great hope on the future of this sim, but above all simply enjoying what is already available is more than enough for me, specially taken into consideration it is pre-release, so, anything that get's added is yet another extra!

One of the most important aspects of any flight simulation game for me, being it a combat flight simulator or Aerowinx PSX, is the plausibility of the flight dynamics. Aerofly is doing a remarkable job in this area!  Together with the great scenery, flying just for fun making some airport hopping mixed with aerobatics, and adding a bit more of challenge through windy weather makes my sim sessions in Aerofly really rewarding :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's great news. I am tempted more and more to get it, it's just that price a little too high. Ugh. But i'll probably give in to it :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I purchased the early access version of Assetto Corsa (race simulator) during a 50% sale back in August 2014. The same may happen with AeroFly FS2 at some point.....

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

VR flying now with Oculus Rift. Fantastic! Only issue here is does anyone know how to get the viewpoint in the cockpit. I'm on top of the plane and haven't figured how to get myself back in the cockpit!

UPDATE: Use the space bar.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Great start! This is the way to go. I firmly believe VR is the future of flight sim. It's tecnhology best suited for flight sim. I can't imagine a flight sim without VR ever since the moment you try it.  

In fact, the moment I see Aerofly FS 2 has VR, I bought it immediately.

Aerofly FS 2 ** IS ** the way to go.... Better tell RR and the A2A team that they have to start considering it right away!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Those who have VR and Oculus for example, I have a 9700GTX 4 gb. card. Small micro-lags. This is the first game I've noticed this on my VR. Doesn't do it in P3D. I would recommend at least a 980 and from the specs preferably 1080. The update mentions a high end card and this definitely is the case. I've had to turn down the settings but it's still there. Other than that absolutely great with VR.

Those who have VR and Oculus for example, I have a 9700GTX 4 gb. card. Small micro-lags. This is the first game I've noticed this on my VR. Doesn't do it in P3D. I would recommend at least a 980 and from the specs preferably 1080. The update mentions a high end card and this definitely is the case. I've had to turn down the settings but it's still there. Other than that absolutely great with VR.

Could you Shift + f1 and check your fps?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Could you Shift + f1 and check your fps?

I tried Shift F1 and I get no indication of fps.

I tried Shift F1 and I get no indication of fps.

Try a restart of the sim, you should see it with other information in the lower left corner.

Devons rig

Try a restart of the sim, you should see it with other information in the lower left corner.

Nope. It's in VR mode. There appears to be a small square box in the corners but nothing on it.

Nope. It's in VR mode. There appears to be a small square box in the corners but nothing on it.

You could try outside of VR. Honestly I'm just curious as to whether you're getting enough frames to support it.

On this reddit post I saw another person with a 970 who seemed to be having some luck. https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4ueg04/aerofly_fs_2_flight_simulator_with_preliminary/

Devons rig