Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9, now running under W10 Professional

Everything not only works, but looks way better...clear, crisp graphics, and high FPS...same goes for FSX and P3D. Full screen, no need to run in windowed mode.

KDTW-KSAN 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Over n' out... :)

image.png

image.png

Weather, being injected by Active Sky Evolution in FS9 mode:  also works flawlessly under W10...

image.png

At assigned cruise of FL180;

image.png

Starting to build some clouds, nearing Chicago...

image.png

Yep, send in the clouds..

image.png

Final in-flight shot with clouds near Chicago, thanks for viewing  :hi:

image.png

• Upvote 2

Great set of FS9 shots!  Clouds and sky look beautiful.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Looking good, thanks for posting this.

Many will no doubt make the leap of faith at some point.

Looking good, thanks for posting this.

Many will no doubt make the leap of faith at some point.

Wing, I have never had a better computer-in-general, or flight sim experience since updating my W7 to W10, and getting a total 'Green' Orbx migration.

Those two events over the past few days, have made my enjoyment, the Gold Standard!

These shots are taken under the latest WHQL nvidia driver suite 368.81 for W10 systems.

Great set of FS9 shots!  Clouds and sky look beautiful.

Thanks, Pug!  Had a great flight...some really beautiful dusk-to-night transitions started happening when I ended the snaps, and settled in for the duration. Under W10 and the latest W10 nvidia driver (as mentioned in another post), it is deadly smooth, with very fast texture focus and composition from one second to the next, as the animation advances. I am having a mega blast, since the O.S. update.

Cheers,

Happy Dance Mitch

How did the install go? Was it easy to do? I still use Windows7 and have been thinking of upgrading to Windows10 but I have been hesitant because I have seen in other forums that people have been having trouble with FS9 and Windows10.

How did the install go? Was it easy to do? I still use Windows7 and have been thinking of upgrading to Windows10 but I have been hesitant because I have seen in other forums that people have been having trouble with FS9 and Windows10.

After the upgrade to W10, which was painless. (please see my post regarding my experience from W7 to W10 in the W10 Forum. There is an important aspect that I discuss in detail), I had absolutely no issues running FS9, under my new W10 installation, as it ran under W7.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/492141-wellthe-year-deadline-is-approachingand-so-is-2020/

Remember to remove the Orbx TODO file...delete it..BEFORE you try to upgrade.  Also documented in the  W10 Forum.

This Orbx file; TODO causes W10 Upgrade to fail in progress. Was taken from the following location:

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx

BUT....you need to hear the CRACK of thunder (smile...right...right?) in the background of my post...BEFORE you first run FS9 under W10, unless of course, you ALREADY hear the crack of 'thunder' each and every time you run FS9 under W7 at present.  Right?   Right?

If you hear the crack of thunder...than you will have no problems whatsoever...

Over 'n out....oh geez...there was another crack of thunder, outside my window(10)....LOL! :wink:  I better go now and shut it before the rain starts, LOLOLOLOLOL!