Sign in to follow this  
FatherDane

Button Assignments

I would like to operate the ANTI-SKID switch by assigning it to a spare button I have on my controller.  I have looked in FSUIPC but don't see it there - or if it is, it isn't clear to me.  Additionally, is there a way to assign the two IRS alignment switches to buttons as well?

Can anyone assist me in this please?

There a a dozen or more PMDG customized button assignments in the FMC PMDG Options.  I'm not sure the braking or IRS controls are there, probably not considering they are multiple position switches. If a binding is not available from PMDG and it's not available in the simulator then the only option is to learn C+ programing and use the SDK.  I played with this issue when trying to assign a key or button to the APU, easily done in the PMDG 777 but not the NGX. There's no getting around the need to use the mouse on occasion so I invested in a really good trackball.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't know about the Anti-Skid switch, I thought this system was just on and the Anti_Skid Inop light was just a warning to tell you it's broken.

As for the IRS L & R switches, not a problem.

I use LINDA for this. Too easy.

if you don't want to use LINDA then you can use an FSUIPC MCRO file to set the relevant LVar. Still easy.

How to do this in three easy steps...

Step 1.

Create a text file in your FSX\modules folder, and name to PMDG_737.MCRO

Step 2.

edit this file with notepad and insert the following three lines

[MACROS]
1=L:ngx_switch_255_a=SET
2=L:ngx_switch_256_a=SET

Step 3.

save the file.

That's it.

NOTE:

That's 255 IRS Left

and    256 IRS Right

Then when you go into FSUIPC's Button + Switches Tab, you will see available  in the drop down list box entries for:

PMDG 737:L:nxg Switch 255 A Set

PMDG 737:L:nxg Switch 256 A Set

The Parameter(s) you can use are:

0   -  Off

10  -  Allign

20  -  Nav

30  -  ATT

So If you want your switch to set IRS L to Nav when on, and then Off when off, select...

Control sent when button pressed

Parameter

Control sent when button released

Parameter

The same for IRS R ( but use: PMDG 737:L:nxg Switch 256 A Set)

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

Hello Chris

I did as you instructed and I assigned one button to switch the L IRS selector to NAV and another to turn it off.  Same for the right.  It works just as you said it would but only in the 3D cockpit.

My setup uses only the 2D panels and I discovered that it doesn't work the same as in the 3D view.  I have some add-on hardware items but not a rear overhead, yet.  Is there a work-around for a 2D panel setup?

Thanks for your help

Ah yes, I see what's happening.

My mistake, it appears that setting these local variables is only triggering the animation.

Not to worry though, we can use a mouse macro instead. Have you ever recorded one of these in FSUIPC?

/*

If you are not familiar with FSUIPC mouse macros then please read the Macro Controls / Mouse Macros section in the AdvancedUsers.PDF for FSUIPC. It explains it better than I ever could.

*/

I brought up the appropriate NGX 2D panel using the [shift]7 key and recorded the following mouse macro by...

Right Clicking IRSL

Left Clicking IRSL

Right Clicking IRSR

Left Clicking IRSR

Each action requires a name to identify it.

I used:

File Name: PMDG_IRS

Right Clicking IRSL        Name:     irsl_cw

Left Clicking IRSL          Name:     irsl_acw

Right Clicking IRSR        Name:     irsr_cw

Left Clicking IRSR          Name:     irsr_acw

This was the contents of result file. "PMDG_IRS.MCRO"

[Macros]
Module="PMDG_737NGX.DLL"
1=irsl_cw=RX273e0*X8bcc,31
2=irsl_acw=RX273e0*X8bcc
3=irsr_cw=RX27400*X8bcc,31
4=irsr_acw=RX27400*X8bcc

As before, these entries will then be available to select in FSUIPC - Buttons+Switches Tab. (No parameters will be required.) eg: PMDG IRSL: IRSL CW  etc.

If you are using a momentary switch (push button) this will work fine, To go from Off to NAV, just press the button twice.

However, if you use toggle switches as I do, ( that is: the switch is either On or Off,) then you can edit the macro file as so...

[Macros]
Module="PMDG_737NGX.DLL"

1=irsl_cw
1.1=RX273e0*X8bcc,31
1.2=RX273e0*X8bcc,31

2=irsl_acw
2.1=RX273e0*X8bcc
2.2=RX273e0*X8bcc

3=irsr_cw
3.1=RX27400*X8bcc,31
3.2=RX27400*X8bcc,31

4=irsr_acw
4.1=RX27400*X8bcc
4.2=RX27400*X8bcc

This allows you to have more that one function to to a Macro action. In this case it just repeats the click action to simulate clicking twice.

Note:

I have not tried recording a Mouse Macro on one machine and copying it to another. If it works, it works, fine. If not, you'll have to record you're own macro on you're computer and make any necessary edits.

I'm sure you be ok with this.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

Hello Chris

Thank you for the excellent assistance.  Your instructions were clear.  I had never thought of macros for FSUIPC but they were as easy as you said they would be.

I ended up writing my own (I did one for the IRS and feeling bold, I did one for the RTO) and this is what I did (in case it is of use to others):

File Name: PMDG-IRS.MCRO

[Macros]
Module="PMDG_737NGX.dll"
1=irs-l-nav=RX27530*X8bcc,31
2=irs-l-off=RX27530*X8bcc
3=irs-r-nav=RX27550*X8bcc,31
4=irs-r-off=RX27550*X8bcc

File Name: PMDG-RTO.MCRO

[Macros]
Module="PMDG_737NGX.dll"
1=rto-set=RX22a20*X8bcc,31
2=rto-off=RX22a20*X8bcc

So, you have helped me to solve TWO problems, and for this I am very grateful.  I understand FSUIPC a lot better than I did before.

Many thanks to you

If you are not familiar with FSUIPC mouse macros then please read the Macro Controls / Mouse Macros section in the AdvancedUsers.PDF for FSUIPC. It explains it better than I ever could.

Thank you Christopher for opening a new dimension for me.  Since leaving FSX, I've only used FSUIPC for binding buttons to key commands. This adds a lot of capability that I wasn't aware of.  Mmwwaaah... finally get to use all the buttons on my Warthog HOTAS!

Dan Downs KCRP

Glad to be of service.

As I said in the beginning, I use LINDA to do these things. It's just so much easier and there are heaps more functions available for you to use.

This should be your next step.

Chris..

Christopher Bell.