Sign in to follow this  
captain420

nvinspector/prepar3d.cfg tweaks not necessary anymore with the latest P3D?

I noticed that P3D is looking great even without using nvinspector. Is it not needed anymore? I remember when I had to use nvinspector for FSX and earlier versions of P3D to get it to look nice. But recently I started noticing that this isn't the case anymore and that P3D looks excellent without the need for nvinspector.

Also I have not touched or modify my prepar3d.cfg file at all, and things seem to be running pretty well. Are those AM, DISABLEPRELOAD, BUFFERPOOL tweaks no longer necessary?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Other than to set 4SGSS - NVI is not needed. The only cfg settings I use are Affinity Mask and Stick_Sensitivity_Mode.

The consensus seems to be that, with P3D, no tweaks are best.

Vic 

omg, tweaks are over?That's reason enough to switch lol

Odd topic. If you think P3D runs and looks great without NI and tweaks... why ask if NI and tweaks are still needed? If you like what you have then they are not needed. Simple as that.

If there is one thing in life in which only your very own opinion counts, it is flightsimming. ;) Never trust anything anyone else says on a flightsimming forum: only believe your own findings. :P

Odd topic. If you think P3D runs and looks great without NI and tweaks... why ask if NI and tweaks are still needed? If you like what you have then they are not needed. Simple as that.

If there is one thing in life in which only your very own opinion counts, it is flightsimming. ;) Never trust anything anyone else says on a flightsimming forum: only believe your own findings. :P

But isn't it interesting when you have something that runs well and fix it until it breaks.  :Devil:

But isn't it interesting when you have something that runs well and fix it until it breaks.  :Devil:

ROFLMAO!

Vic

LOL

fix it until it breaks. :Devil:

Hmm guilty your honor. I have (out of boredom :fool: ) been fiddling with Nv Inspector and the cfg thinking things I had changed or added had made a positive impact, until I flew somewhere a bit more urban than normal for me, and noticing it chug and stutter, so I wiped the Nv profile and the cfg and my frames are 30% better and the stutter has gone. P3D does not like tweaks and seems best when left alone.

The only thing I use inspector for is 1/2 refresh rate. I dropped the usual AM tweaks, etc.  I don't seem to have the need to do all that anymore. It's rather nice. I did fudge with a few runway light settings.

I do use PTA_33. for shaders

I noticed that P3D is looking great even without using nvinspector. Is it not needed anymore? I remember when I had to use nvinspector for FSX and earlier versions of P3D to get it to look nice. But recently I started noticing that this isn't the case anymore and that P3D looks excellent without the need for nvinspector.

Also I have not touched or modify my prepar3d.cfg file at all, and things seem to be running pretty well. Are those AM, DISABLEPRELOAD, BUFFERPOOL tweaks no longer necessary?

Only using it for external fps lock :-)

• Upvote 1

Well speaking of tweaking - I just finished the upgrade of my main flight system to W10.

Had n o problems on my other system so I don't expect any on this one - fingers crossed.

Vic

Well speaking of tweaking - I just finished the upgrade of my main flight system to W10.

Had n o problems on my other system so I don't expect any on this one - fingers crossed.

Vic

Have a link for a nice tool which I found great help on my win 10 box....

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Cheers,

Stick_Sensitivity_Mode

What  does that one do Vic ?

Edit: It's ok, Avsim search answered that question

Will we ever be able to use 4xsgss in dense clouds ?

For those of us you cannot afford a 4K as yet .

Will the new Rex skyforce be a fix

Is it a p3d issue?

Nvidia driver issue?

I would like to know the answer to this if anyone knows?

Cheers

Mike

Only using it for external fps lock :-)

That NVI FPS limiter is a real frame hog. Try undocking a window like the GPS and watch the FPS half.

Will we ever be able to use 4xsgss in dense clouds ?

I'm not having much of a hit on my system now.

For those of us you cannot afford a 4K as yet .

Will the new Rex skyforce be a fix

I'm sure they're working towards it

Is it a p3d issue?

Nvidia driver issue?

combination, imho - LM needs to deal better with AA and Nvidia needs to work their drivers better.

Vic

I'm not having much of a hit on my system now.

I'm sure they're working towards it

combination, imho - LM needs to deal better with AA and Nvidia needs to work their drivers better.

Vic

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to it.