Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[23JUL16] Oops. Seems we still have activation server issues...

Captains,

Late thursday night, our activation service was brought back online after a comprehensive server side upgrade.  We had been conducting a bunch of testing to make sure everything was working, but it appears our testing missed something and we are in the process of researching.

Right now- it seems that any products with a previous activation history are able to activate and maintain status, but any activation keys that have not previously been activated are being rejected.

We are working on it...  I apologize for the inconvenience, and we will keep you updated here in this thread.

• Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the heads-up, Robert! :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for letting us know. Now I can go back to sleep again.  :smile:

Maximilian Rettenbacher

It's just like an excellent company to be on the spot with honest, intellegent communication. That sure makes for confidence in the products and people involved. Thank you.

as always thanks for the notice.

Bought the 737 exp. for P3D just before it went down. Not even mad, I know what I'm getting since I own it for FSX already. I'll try again tomorrow, but thanks for the notice  :wink:

Surprised nobody is speculating that this happened because the 747 is coming out soon  :ph34r:

Gents-

As of a few hours ago, we successfully identified the point of failure and corrected the problem.

Anyone with a valid license key should be able to activate without any further problems.

THANK YOU for your patience as we worked through this issue.  It is always uncomfortable when we conduct system upgrades, but it is especially uncomfortable when we find that there are problems on a weekend because it is often hard to get adequate support from vendors even though weekends are the busiest time for simmers!

Internally we are still working through some cleanup items, so the support team is a bit behind on a few tasks, including license returns/resets.  We hope to have those issues resolved late tonight or during the day sunday, for those impacted.

Need to get through all of these hiccups so I can get back to resolving squawks from the Tech team!

• Upvote 1

Works again!

I forced my friend into buying the Ngx... Just to show my love for you Robert.

VC pictures please.. Pretty please?

And I have been speculating the 747 release for the past many weeks. Of course.. That's never going to happen.

Right?

hello,

I think we should have a COMPENSATION for this long, very long wait.  Over one week now i cannot use over 200 $ of PMDG softwares. its really unbelievable not to be able to use what we already paid for. I am trying not to be angry about that , but its really hard to flap my hands and shout WOWWWW its working.

If the new way of activation doesnt work because of so many problems, why you do not install the old way ? With this, every customers will be happy and you just have to do your tests how long as you want and whenever you want and has long has you want. But till then were like suckers who paid and have nothing. Im beginning to be scared because maybe your near a bankruptcy or closing the PMDG site. Many things are passing thru our heads now. My gosh do we have to wait till the next christmas to buy the new products or what ?

Tired and tired of waiting. What is this ? An extraterrestrial connection or what ? Are you waiting for a response from the aliens ? If and IF one day the problem is resolved you should make a FREE software that if something happen again in the future happens we will be able to initiate an activation by ourself till the problem doesnt happen again. 

Sometimes im beginning to think if it would be better for me or some of us to download some pirate copys, because it will WORK. OUFFFFF, what a mess. i wish not all ,or  if PMDG still exist, employees are not on summer vacations, because we better do some prayers that its not gonna work before september.

what can i say more ???? Im feeling a bit better now, till its gonna WORK. 

lucien paquette

Over one week now i cannot use over 200 $ of PMDG softwares

I understand your frustration but not your logic.  Have you taken the time to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

All should be working as of 23 Jul, if you are still having problems I suggest you contact PMDG Product Support.... this forum is a user forum and not a direct contact to PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

I'd just let him sit here and scream his head off.  He isn't actually interested in help or a solution, else he would have realized the system has been working since the weekend, as I detailed in my post.

He wants attention.  He wants to yell at someone because it makes him feel empowered.  Imagine how much fun it would be to hang out with him, drinking coffee with friends in a crowded coffee shop with mediocre service?

Can you picture the embarrassment as he wedges off like that to the poor server in front of everyone?

Of course you can't... because most cowards only act like he does in front of an internet audience.

• Upvote 4