Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

How to clean up start options

For a variety of reasons, I have 3 properly licensed Windows 10 64 Bit running different Sims on my PC.  A failure of my C drive [1TB SSD] was, I hoped, easy to rectify with a new [replacement] 1 TB SSD and Acronis Backups.  Needless to say, it was far from easy.  After restoring my latest C drive image, I was hoping for a fully operational "back to normal" scenario.  How wrong can you be.  So following my usual "I will restore all" then, nothing worked   :sad:   OK then, all drives unplugged, plug in C Drive only and restore from backup  AH HA  a good load.  Plug in the D Drive, restore from  backup and back to where I was, total poo. OK then reload Win 10 onto D and I now have *FOUR* darned available selections to choose from at boot time.  One for C on Volume 2, one for D on Volume 3  and 2 Ghosts which, obviously, don't boot anyrhing.  many hours later, I am wondering if anyone can advise on how to get rid of the "ghosts".  I don't want to reinsert the original E drive until I can *hopefully* find out what I need to do next.  Thanks for any advice offerred, it's driven me nuts - and the thought of having to reload all the addons is not filling me with a warm glow   :sad:  Thanks for reading this.  Regards to all.

M. 

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Well, several more hours later and I have found the "fix"  Msconfig > Boot Tab and delete the extraneous items.  Problem solved.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy