Sign in to follow this  
satbeerus2001

PMDG_737.dll crash issue

Hi all,

I have recently tried my first flight with 737 ngx in FSX but when I try to end flight, instead to ending it, the fsx crashes and restarts.

The faulting module is pmdg737.dll

I tried to search solution online and tried a few things with controllers. But it did not help.

However, when I turn on Preview DX10, the crash does not occur then. With DX10 when I "end flight", the FSX just shuts down completely, instead of taking me to the "Free Flight" page which it normally should.

But at least the crash error does not show and fsx does not restart due to crash.

The problem is when I have DX10 activated, it makes all my addon airports messy, extremely messy so I do not want to keep it active.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and my FSX folder is in Program Files x 86 folder.

I have spared fsx folder from firewall and antivirus programs.

I also have pmdg 777 200 and it does not give me this error.

Anyone can help me here ?

Thank you,

Satbeer Singh

With DX10 when I "end flight", the FSX just shuts down completely, instead of taking me to the "Free Flight" page which it normally should.

I've never seen fsx shutting down to the setup (free flight) page.  It has always shutdown completely.

Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++2008 w/SP1 installed.  Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 is required but PMDG used the 2008 version.

Since you installed FSX into the default program files x86 folder, make sure UAC has been turned off.

I have recently tried my first flight with 737 ngx in FSX but when I try to end flight, instead to ending it, the fsx crashes and restarts.

So you were able to use and fly the PMDG 737?  But, when you ended the flight, fsx crashed and then restarted?  When it was restarting, you should have been given an option to cancel.  Crashes at the end of your fsx session are common.  I get them once in a while but they go away.

Make sure you have gone to the main FSX folder, right clicked fsx.exe and selected properties, and then click on the compatibility tab and make sure Run as Administrator box is ticked at the bottom.  None of the other boxes should be checked.  You want to make sure Run as Administrator for ALL users is selected.

These suggestions for fixing this problem can be found in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature). 

Topic will be moved to the proper CTD Forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10