Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

DC-6 routings & timetables: Let's collect!

Hi folks, 

flying the J4100, 737NGX and 777 I often follow real timetables. 

In the advent of the DC-6 I'd like to collect in this thread former DC-6 routings and timetables. 

Google doesn't find a lot, e.g. 

http://airwaysnews.com/html/timetable-and-route-maps/european-airlines-timetables-route-maps-and-history

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/264543/1955-klm-routing/

Who can provide more? 

====================

(Here part of the content of the second link with Constellation, DC-6, DC-3. Huh, 8 stop-overs from AMS to TYO...)

KLM’s Routing in 1955 Northern Summer season service is the following:

AMSTERDAM – ASIA – SYDNEY
**KL821 Amsterdam – Dusseldorf – Damascus – Karachi – Bangkok – Jakarta
Constellation, First Class, Day 1, arr 2 days later

**KL861 Amsterdam – Geneva – Rome – Cairo – Baghdad – Karachi – Colombo – Bangkok – Manila – Tokyo
Royal Super Constellation, First/Tourist Class, Day 1, arr 3 days later

**KL823 Amsterdam – Zurich – Rome – Beirut – Karachi – Calcutta – Bangkok – Singapore – Jakarta
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 2, arr 2 days later

**KL825 Amsterdam – Frankfurt – Cairo – Karachi – Rangoon – Bangkok – Jakarta
Constellation, Tourist Class, Day 3, arr 2 days later

**KL853 Amsterdam – Geneva – Rome – Beirut – Basra – Dhahran
DC6, First/Tourist Class, Day 3, arr 1 day later

**KL827 Amsterdam – Dusseldorf – Rome – Beirut – Karachi – Calcutta – Bangkok – Bangkok – Singapore – Jakarta
Royal Super Constellation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 4, arr 2 days later

**KL827 Bangkok – Tokyo
Royal Super Constellation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 6

**KL881 Amsterdam – Geneva – Rome – Cairo – Baghdad – Karachi – Rangoon – Bangkok
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 5, arr 2 days later

**KL851 Amsterdam – Munich – Rome – Cairo – Abadan – Dhahran – Karachi
DC6, First/Tourist Class, Day 6, arr 1 day later

**KL843 Amsterdam – Rome – Beirut – Basra – Karachi – Bangkok – Manila – Biak
Constellation, Tourist Class, Day 6, arr 3 days later

**KL829 Amsterdam – Beirut – Damascus – Karachi – Calcutta – Bangkok – Singapore – Jakarta
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 7, arr 2 days later

**KL845 Amsterdam – Frankfurt – Rome – Cairo – Karachi – Rangoon – Bangkok – Manila – Biak – Sydney
Royal Super Constellation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 7, arr 4 days later, night-stop in Karachi and Bangkok

**KL828 Jakarta – Singapore – Bangkok – Calcutta – Karachi – Baghdad – Beirut – Rome – Amsterdam
Royal Super Constellation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 7, arr 1 day later

**KL882 Bangkok – Rangoon – Karachi – Beirut – Rome – Geneva – Amsterdam
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 1, arr 1 day later

**KL852 Karachi – Dhahran – Baghdad – Cairo – Rome – Munich – Amsterdam
DC6, First/Tourist Class, Day 1, arr 1 day later

**KL862 Tokyo – Manila – Bangkok – Colombo – Karachi – Cairo – Rome – Geneva – Amsterdam
Royal Super Constellation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 1, arr 2 days later

**KL830 Jakarta – Bangkok – Calcutta – Karachi – Abadan – Cairo – Rome – Dusseldorf – Amsterdam
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 3, arr 1 day later

**KL844 Biak – Manila – Bangkok – Rangoon – Karachi – Dhahran – Cairo – Frankfurt – Amsterdam
Constellation, Tourist Class, Day 4, arr 1 day later

**KL822 Jakarta – Singapore – Bangkok – Calcutta – Karachi – Basra – Beirut – Rome – Amsterdam
Constellation, First Class only, Day 4, arr 1 day later

**KL824 Jakarta – Singapore – Bangkok – Calcutta – Karachi – Damascus – Beirut – Zurich – Amsterdam
Constellation, SleepAir First Class only, Day 5, arr 1 day later

**KL846 Sydney – Biak – Manila – Bangkok – Rangoon – Karachi – Cairo – Rome – Frankfurt – Amsterdam
Royal Super Constelation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 4, arr 3 days later

**KL846 Tokyo – Manila – Bangkok
Royal Super Constelation, SleepAir First/Tourist Class, Day 5, arr 1 day later

**KL854 Dhahran – Basra – Beirut – Rome – Geneva – Amsterdam
DC6, First/Tourist Class, Day 4, arr 1 day later

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Visit the Everts Air Cargo website and note the locations they serve in Alaska today, that is what I plan to do when the DC-6 comes to P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

Visit the Everts Air Cargo website and note the locations they serve in Alaska today, that is what I plan to do when the DC-6 comes to P3D.

Hi Dan, 

good idea! 

As well I find the KLM routings interesting. 

Maybe somebody stores/collects ancient timetables? 

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

This page hosts many vintage timetables: http://www.timetable...te/complete.htm

Thank you, Matthias! 

Had not found this one, but now we have plenty of timetables. 

1954 the DC-7 more & more replaces the DC-6, so 1953/1954 are the timetables in question. 

Three days to fly AMS-FRA-Rome-CAI-Karachi-Rangoon-BKK-MNL-TKO... OMG...

Andreas Berg

Maybe more a question for the hangar chat, but ...

looking at the down to 45 minute stop-overs in e.g. Shannon at around 1am before crossing the pond: 

Did the passengers have to leave the aircraft during the refueling? 

Andreas Berg

Did the passengers have to leave the aircraft during the refueling? 

They do now, but things have naturally changed over time. Airports were extremely different back then, as were the planes. Some stations were just glorified refueling spots, and the ramp was often bare, without the jet-bridges of today. With that in mind, people may have stayed on board on a particularly poor weather day to avoid the rain/cold/wind/etc. Now it's seen as a safety issue, so passengers have to be off. Back then, given how long the flights were, I'm not sure if it was specifically required of them, but many of the passengers seem to have taken the opportunity to run inside to get off of the plane for a bit and to have a meal.

Kyle Rodgers

but many of the passengers seem to have taken the opportunity to run inside to get off of the plane for a bit and to have a meal.

I imagine after long hours in a noisy vibrating bouncy machine they bolted to the terminal for a coffee or something stronger.  I'm sure the locals didn't miss the opportunity to afford the travelers all nature of products (gift shops).  I made a fuel stop at Shannon back in the DC-8 days, and found a terminal bustling with activity and all sorts of tariff free shopping.

Dan Downs KCRP

and found a terminal bustling with activity and all sorts of tariff free shopping.

... during daylight yes, but at 1am? 

I would have tried to oversleep these stops. 

Andreas Berg