Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Question on GTN 650 with A2A Cherokee 180

I discovered that when I fly the GTN 650 with the A2A Cessna 172, I can fly a normal ILS with LOC and GS using the upper OBI indicator on the panel. When I try and do this with the A2A 180 Cherokee, and I set the LOC frequency in the GTN, the freq in the lower Nav 2  radio changes to the LOC frequency, and that lower OBI indicator only has one needle that tracks the LOC, but no glideslope indicator. The only time the upper OBI indicates is when the GTN 650 is switched to the GPS mode, then the upper OBI indicator comes alive. My question is to anyone that has  both the A2A Cherokee and the GTN 650-750, is this normal for that particular aircraft? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Disregard, I found the problem. I had a blown fuse in the A2A Cherokee for Nav 1 radio, which also powers the upper OBI... :smile:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That realism though.... :smile:

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

That realism though.... :smile:

yes, and I should know better since I spent my entire career teaching electronic troubleshooting.  :fool: