Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Network pc

I am wondering if it is possible to use my PC and laptop together in fsx. For instance I am using pro atc x and there is a moving map. I would like to keep flying in fsx but beven able to watch on the laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't know where to put this, sorry.

Josh Scholl

Hi Josh,

Many of us use WideFS which allows many FS programs to run on a separate PC or laptop. I'm not sure if you can run ProATC-X this way or not. I'm sure someone will know. Have you tried their support forum?

I run Radar Contact 4 and that certainly does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am wondering if it is possible to use my PC and laptop together in fsx. For instance I am using pro atc x and there is a moving map. I would like to keep flying in fsx but beven able to watch on the laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't know where to put this, sorry.

Pro-ATCX uses SimConnect.  So, yes, you can do what you're asking.  I do it now myself.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Great. How do I go about setting it up? I have never did anything like this before.

Josh Scholl

Great. How do I go about setting it up? I have never did anything like this before.

I'm trying to find the original tutorial I used from the active sky/hifi forums but I can't find it now.  You can maybe start here with this thread http://www.avsim.com/topic/433026-active-sky-next-and-networked-configuration/page-1 and/or google and try to piece it all together.  Sorry, that's about all I have time to search for it right now myself.  But, do some research on that for now and feel free to ask questions.  We'll get it working...

Actually, check out the manual from Pro-ATCX.  It has a tutorial right in there: http://www.salemroad.de/fs/PROATC_NET.pdf

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Active Sky Next and FlightSim Commander are another two that can be networked as well

Matthew Kane

Josh,

I've networked Plan-G for the "Moving Map" facility and exchange of info it gives.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

What is Plan-G?

I saw that I'd have to install fsx and both SP on both computers but wouldn't that lose all my files and installs? Or because I already have that installed would I just need to install it on my laptop?

Josh Scholl

Hi Josh,

Plan-G is a freeware VFR flight planner. It's available from www.tasoftware.co.uk .You can see the description on their webpage. Also available is the manual on the same webpage. Download the manual and see section 19 - this covers Plan-G on a network.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

I use Plan-G, FS Commander, and Active Sky Next on a networked computer. Each has a manual that explains how to set that up.

Just take the time to read, and you will be okay.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.