Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Eastern Standard Time Change.

Hi EveryoneLiving in Ontario Canada we changed over from Eastern Daylight Time to Eastern Standard Time Sun. 30Oct.05.By changing to Standard time the clock changes from -4 hours Universal Time to -5 Hrs. Universal time.I checked the time in FS9 and it is still showing -4 Hrs. instead of -5 Hrs. When I try changing the Universal time within FS9 it also advances the actual time so it always remains at -4 Universal.Any assistance would be appreciated.Tks. in advance.Kenny G.

No answer to your question, But im also from Ontario, What area, are you in southern Ontario or northern Ontario?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thats cool, Im a little more north than you, NorthBay

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You have a good Tim's in North Bay. I take my motorcycle from CYWG to CYHZ every so often and stop there for coffee. I hope to take the north route from North Bay to Wawa sometime. I usually go strait west from North Bay. Not much on the north routh except scenery.JimCYWG

Guest Calb

I'm in B.C. and mine changed from -7 to -8 over the weekend.Question: when you started FS9 the first time after the time change, did you have to wait while it re-indexed the scenery files? If not, there must be a discrepancy between FS and the system clock.Cal (CYXX)(sorry, no brag list)

Yes. I noticed my scenery reloaded after the time change.Ron. (also from Canada-Whitby Ontario.

Ron Service

The short answer is, that's just MSFS.There's a World Timezone's Fix somewhere floating around I think. I do know it comes as part of the package with FS RealTime.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Hi EveryoneTks. for the replies. I was able to have the time zone set correctly by moving my plane into another time Zone, I picked Australia, then back to London Ontario, and the correct difference is now displayed in the time and season menu.Have a good one.Kenny G.

Must be quite a nice ride from ywg to yhz. Ive been through the north route from North Bay to Wawa and your right, theres absolutely nothing, I never take it anymore, uch to boring LOL.Funny thing is, I just got word yesterday oppurtunity wise and Im moving to Sudbury, Im sure you been through there also.

Any assistance would be appreciated.Welcome to the fs2004 time switch bug...:/I go through this every time change. The fix? Load a fresh flight, like one of the default flights, or an old "winter" seasonflight you may have saved from last winter.If you have to, delete the old startup flight, and let FS start without one. It will start atthe menu, I *think* with the correct time. Whatever...All you wanna do is show the correcttime split from GMT to local. Once you finally show the correct time split, go make a new startupflight using your old airport, plane, and whateverwx you wanna use, and then save as your new "startup"flight. Problem fixed. BTW, I have now saved a winter, and a summer startup flight, so I don't have to putzaround making a new one each season...I just loadthe right one for the season. The time split is savedwith the flights. So your startup flight must be saved with the right split from GMT. Here in the CST, thesplit is 6 hours in the winter, 5 hours in the summer.MK