So ive been playing well enough with this fantastic addon + joystick and suddenly i cant feel the yoke movement when i trim I can feel bumps, the test in profile seems fine and the test tool in the web seems ok also.

What can be the problem.

I mainly use the 737 so in theory this is no problem but today i wanted to fly the baron and the joystick wasnt tilting aft when i trimmed up.

I wanna know if there is something wrong with my joystick or my pc software. I tried registering in the official forums but they wont send the activation email.

Thanks.

woops, was messing with fsforce.cfg and forgot this line:

JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:1:POV:0:18000JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:1:POV:0:0

Now the tilting joystick will be fine with the hat switch.

What i dont have though is the trim window,

I have the same joystick and am intrigued with your 'test tool on the web'.

I disabled the force-feedback part of it because I discovered when flying any of the aircraft such as the PMDG NGX737 or the 777, if touched the yoke, it immediately disconnected the A/P. Seems it is an issue with FF2 and FSX. Somebody had suggested using FSforce, but I will it is a tad too much to pay for what I'd be using it for.

Somebody had suggested using FSforce, but I will it is a tad too much to pay for what I'd be using it for.

I think the tool referred to is ForceTest.exe which is about half way down this web page: http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm.

FS Force does seem a little expensive but it so completely transforms the default forces in FSX that it's worth every penny. It includes many profiles for different types of aircraft but you can customise all of the forces to make your own profiles. It's almost worth it just for the ”real" stick trim. An essential add-on to really get the most from your FF2 joystick.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Warning23, what section of the .cfg file are you putting JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:1:POV:0:18000JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:1:POV:0:0? 

My problem is centering the stick after applying trim. It wants to pull forward many times. 

According to their forum, with the release of FS Force v2.9; "All settings can now be programmed from the Profile Manager user interface. You no longer have to hand-edit the FSForce.cfg file." 

See here:   http://www.fs-force.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=453 

It is a bit pricey but worth it. I have been using it for a couple of months and it is working really well. I couldn't imagine flying without it now. Trimming an aircraft finally "feels" the way it should. And flying through turbulence, is a whole new ball game.

FS Force 2.9, P3Dv3.35, the Majestic Q400, and the Iris Dragonfly VR = game, set, and match. 

I disabled the force-feedback part of it because I discovered when flying any of the aircraft such as the PMDG NGX737 or the 777, if touched the yoke, it immediately disconnected the A/P. Seems it is an issue with FF2 and FSX. Somebody had suggested using FSforce, but I will it is a tad too much to pay for what I'd be using it for.

Hi Mate, the test tool like vortex told you is in the fs force web, its free. I believe what You are talking about fsx default force feedback, forget that.

I would suggest you try out the program and add the line i posted above to be able to use the hat switch as a trimmer and feel that elevator movement., see below.

I think its the best addon but to each his own, people say multimonitor simmers like me should be killed and 2d panels should be banned forever so everyone has an opinion.

Warning23, what section of the .cfg file are you putting JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:1:POV:0:18000JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:1:POV:0:0? 

My problem is centering the stick after applying trim. It wants to pull forward many times. 

[General]
TrimClickAmount=100
TrimIndicator=1
PauseOnTaskSwitch=0
dwStartDelay=1
PMWndPos=2141,373
JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:0:POV:0:18000
JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:0:POV:0:0

be aware to go to windows panel control device manager and make sure your joystick order, mine is joystick 0. Hence the 0 in the code line but it can look like this:

[General]
TrimClickAmount=100
TrimIndicator=1
PauseOnTaskSwitch=0
dwStartDelay=1
PMWndPos=2141,373
JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:1:POV:0:18000
JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:1:POV:0:0

With this line and trim set to fs force i use the hat switch and feel the tilting joystick simulating an elevator going forward or aft.

When i use the PMDG i have a custom profile that i use the trim setting of fsx with buttons 3 and 4

[PMDG]
ID=Profile
AileronForcePoints=0,0,0,71,0,71,443,71,447,101 
ElevatorForcePoints=0,0,0,57,0,57,159,57,340,100 
ElevatorWeight=10 
GroundOps=Complex vibs 
AileronFriction=50 
AileronDamping=20 
ElevatorFriction=50 
ElevatorDamping=20 
MechanicalCutoff=500 
LandingTransition=-300 
LandingHardBase=60 
LandingMaxForce=-500 
LandingMinForce=30 
LandingWingsLevel=5 
BrakeStrength=50 
BrakeVibrationPeriod=80 
BrakeVibrationStrength=17 
BrakeVibrationDirection=75 
BrakeVibrationStartRamp=90 
BrakeVibrationEndRamp=70 
GearThumpMagnitude=30 
GearThumpPeriod=350 
GearBuffetDuration=-1 
GearBuffetMinForce=5 
GearBuffetForce=20 
GearBuffetBasePeriod=140 
GearBuffetModulatingPeriod=600 
GroundOpsGain=1.5 
UseN1=1 
CorneringMultiplier=20 
TrimSystem=0

In this case "TrimSystem=0" means fs force will use fsx trimming.
Which in this instance i trim with buttons 3 and 4 and i can use the hat switch for the pan view. 
In this case the 737 has a centering but you still feel some forces simulated to be able to properly trim like the real plane with hydraulics controls and a yoke centering due to trimming a big stabilizer.

So in summary:

Ga aircraft trims a tab.... you feel the yoke moving aft and forward. TrimSystem=1 will use fs force trim system and with the line code above i will use the hat switch-

737 and the like, trims an stabilizer... hydrualic centering with some feel. TrimSystem=0 will use fsx trim system and i will use buttons 3 and 4.

If any of you guys think im doing something wrong please do tell me.

@warning23

Great post and advice.Definitely food for thought. Thanks.

EZDOK has screwed me over, seems like in fact you dont need to add lines with the new version.

Still testing-

Hey Guys,

What profile do you use for the Majestic Q400?

I was using the twin turboprop, which was fine, but I'm thinking that's meant more for a King Air size or B1900; I then found (I haven't been able to refind, but think it's on Avsim somewhere) someone posted a profile for the Q400; I tried it but jeepers it makes it SO twitchy on the ailerons on approach, like I'm applying pressure to right and then it over rotates and back and forth.

Thanks!