Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

To anyone familiar with the AOPA Commander 112A. Help !...

Guest Knikolaes

>1-In VC mode when I try to Declutter change Scale or bring up>the 2D glass instruments for better readability, the sim locks>up.Have you ran DXDIAG? I have no issues with lockups or freezes in my sim. Possible hardware or other conflict may be happening here. Drivers up to date?>2-Flying into the Sun, around Dusk the VC mode, the glass>instruments are very difficult to read, until the lights come>on. Is there a way around it?. Can you allow the lights to be>On during the day/ dusk period?I am not sure about other levels of graphics settings, but I am able to turn on my panel lights and it lights up the VC just fine. Thogh I will concur that it is not bright enough during the day, it does still help a lot compared to leaving the lights off.>3-If I save, and reload, a flight in VC mode the glass>instruments will not operate, cannot turn them On, until I>switch to 2D.A lot of aircraft on my system get very touchy about that sort of thing. ESPECIALLY addons such as PMDG, LDS and other advanced sims. I have also found that sticking to 2D loading for all aircraft is a good rule for me. I am a very avid VC flyer, like you are, and I do almostall of my flying from the VC. But I load all flghts in 2D mode, then when the sim stabalizs and gauges are steady I switch to VC and start my fun :-)>4-If I try to bring the Commander into a pre existing flight,>let

Hi, Jim.Try this in VC:Left click on an inactive area, i.e. blue sky, a new window will open. Right click and

Guest Knikolaes

Avcomware,I just went into FS and tried to reproduce your issues. None happened. Even trying to do the "bugs" thy do not happen.Also not sure what you are saying about "FS9.CFG" up there as Commander doesnt touch your FS9 cfg file. **shrugs** Also on the VC lights issue -- I have no idea why folks are saying they "can't be turned on during the day"? Uhm, I can turn them on during the day and even see them turn on -- panel lights and all. Helps during shadow when flying into the sun. I admit it isnt too bright, but it is there and it does help.

Guest allcott

The `solution` seems to be to obey the rules as laid out in the manual. Avcomware says he's deleted the 2D panel views. Now he can see why that was a BIG mistake! And while you CAN start in a non-default situation, it is precisely for the purposes of troubleshooting that you SHOULD. FS carries over many settings from a saved or previous flight beyond those contained in the .flt file itself. You are just asking for trouble if you try to load the sim and a complex addon without using `the system` (Default location: default aircraft; change). I can confirm the FS9.cfg is not modified in any way I can tell, nor do I get any lockups or crashes with this aircraft. I flew it for three hours in real time last weekend and it was fine, even though I swapped to another plane halfway through, then back again later!And the lights work just fine, within the FS limits described by Jim Rhoads.Sorry I can't help more but if you post in the right forum I'm sure some experts will come to your aid!Allcott

One thing we have seen previously is that some people are trying to use the Commander on a non-Windows XP machine. It is only designed to work with Windows XP.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Hi, Allcott and KnicolaesI really appreciate your intentions to help, but in this case you are just confusing the issue.Yes the

>Welcome to the FS VC. Some are worse than others and you>cannot control ambient lighting conditions.Actually Jim, there is a way to do precisely this. Write to me directly at n4gix@comcast.net and I'll be happy to show you how... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Welcome to the FS VC. Some are worse than others and you>>cannot control ambient lighting conditions.>>Actually Jim, there is a way to do precisely this. Write to>me directly at n4gix@comcast.net and I'll be happy to show you>how... ;) Hi Bill,Nice to hear from you again.Actually, I may not have said that correctly.I am talking about the simulator has its own ambient lighting.Hope all is well.Jim

Guest allcott

>Hi, Allcott and Knicolaes>I really appreciate your intentions to help, but in this case>you are just confusing the issue.>Yes the

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi, Allcott and Knicolaes>I really appreciate your intentions to help, but in this case>you are just confusing the issue.>Yes the

Guest Knikolaes

No message here, just posting to "unsubscribe" from topic.

>>>Welcome to the FS VC. Some are worse than others and you>>>cannot control ambient lighting conditions.>>>>Actually Jim, there is a way to do precisely this. Write to>>me directly at n4gix@comcast.net and I'll be happy to show>>you how... ;)>> Hi Bill,>>Nice to hear from you again.>Actually, I may not have said that correctly.>I am talking about the simulator has its own ambient>lighting.>>Hope all is well.All is indeed well, Jim. And I understood you perfectly. There is a 'trick' you can use to overcome the overly agressive ambient lighting problem in the .mdl file, but such technical things would be better discussed via email... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator