Sign in to follow this  
TheDiamondOreo

Prepar3D: Which Airbus?

Hello,

I am looking to purchase an airbus to fly on Prepar3D however I am not sure which one to buy.

Lots of posts around this and other forums have said that the Aerosoft airbus is the best one to buy, however I just want to make sure that the one that I want to purchase is the correct one.

I've seen some other airbuses on the Aerosoft website that go under the title "Airbus Extended X" or something along those lines along time ago and I can't seem to find the "extended" version or whatever it means. The only ones I see are these ones, the A318/319 & the A320/321, and the bundle version:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,7460528670,13112

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,7460528670,12958

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,7460521670,D13235

I just want to make sure that I am purchasing the correct airbus, the one that everyone in the avation community uses!

Thanks everyone in advance!

Yep....those are the correct version.

(Get the bundle)   :wink:

Your confusion is understandable as Aerosoft changed the product names mid-way through its cycle; nevertheless, the links you provided are the current buses.  I believe we're on 1.31.    

Matt King

Yep....those are the correct version.

(Get the bundle)   :wink:

Will definitely get the bundle then, thanks!

Your confusion is understandable as Aerosoft changed the product names mid-way through its cycle; nevertheless, the links you provided are the current buses.  I believe we're on 1.31.    

Yeah... I don't know why Aerosoft did this. Added a whole bunch of confusion... :/

Thanks you two for the quick responses! Will purchase it now. Happy simming!

Yep, Aerosoft Buses are the best at the moment.

The A330 is also already on its way.....

The Airbus X is actually an older Aerosoft product and is now discontinued as far as I know. Personally I have the A320/321 as the 318/319 are not really of any interest to me. But buying the bundle is definitely the best value for money if you want all 4 busses.

Flight Sim Labs also have their own A320 in the making and I believe it's due for release soon. I imagine it will be more expensive than the Aerosoft version but by all accounts (I can't verify rumours) it's supposed to be a lot more in-depth, possibly up to PMDG standards.

EDIT: I've just checked and the FSL version will be available for FSX, it doesn't say anything about P3D.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

The Airbus X is actually an older Aerosoft product and is now discontinued as far as I know. Personally I have the A320/321 as the 318/319 are not really of any interest to me. But buying the bundle is definitely the best value for money if you want all 4 busses.

Flight Sim Labs also have their own A320 in the making and I believe it's due for release soon. I imagine it will be more expensive than the Aerosoft version but by all accounts (I can't verify rumours) it's supposed to be a lot more in-depth, possibly up to PMDG standards.

EDIT: I've just checked and the FSL version will be available for FSX, it doesn't say anything about P3D.

P3D support for the FSL Bus will come later, after the release for FSX. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com