Sign in to follow this  
JoeD

Daylight saving - FS does a scenery reset?

Powered up the simulator yesterday and I was surprised to see that FS went through the scenery reset it usually does when you add or delete scenery files.I was a bit worried as I had not made any changes to any scenery files and was wondering if I had deleted some files by mistake.I then remembered that we had switched to daylight saving time early on Sunday morning and that my PC changes the internal clock automatically.Could anyone confirm that FS resets the scenery database following the DST adjustment?

John

Hey John, Yes that is correct. The scenery will update in the spring and fall. With FS9 being patched now, you will not see any adverse effects as before with the dreaded seasonal CTD's we used to get when this occured. Best regards, Jeff

Guest bobsk8

So that is what caused scenery recompile. I was sitting there , wondering what the heck had happened. :)

You too eh Bob? :-)Had me worried for a minute. I have spent months setting up FS on my new rig and although I do back up, I did not fancy reinstalling.Thanks for the good news everyone.

John

I was also a bit worried when it happend to me yesterday. I forgot all about this feature of FS-9Thanks for the info.:-)