Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

FS CAM Install

Hey everyone, I dowloaded FSCamera 1.5 last night and went to install it. One problem...The installer is entirely in German. I read the text read me, which was in english, but alittle vague, and I aborted the install. The buttons are in the right place, but it asks a question at the end of install that I can't understand of course. I E-mailed the author but have not heard back yet, so maybe someone here might know? I am sure he will get back to me, but I would like to install it sooner than later. The instructions also are for the older versions, not this new one. Thanks for any help on this. I just knew I would regret not taking German back in school! It was over 23 years ago, so I most likely would have forgotten by now anyway. Best regards, Jeff

Good afternoon everyone. Just a friendly bump.:-) Best regards, Jeff

Good Evening everyone, I am just curious what others have done to get around the Installer being in German? As I mentioned earlier, the installer does not seem exact to the read me text and I didn't want to mess anything up with my registry doing a partial install and aborting. Thanks. Best regards, Jeff

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

I'm sorry I didn't catch this earlier, Jeff!Seems to me that it follows SOP on install.Dunno the translation, BUT:Setup beenden-cancels installationOk-ok :DVerzeichnis wechseln-browse to select another install locationNOTE-the computer icon at the top, after you click OK, runs the installer.so.....What I would do is:Run the program "Setup_FS_Search.exe"at the first screen, click OKat the second screen, make sure the path to FS9 listed is correct.if so, click OK! tada!if not, click "Verzeichnis wechseln" and guide it to your main FS9 folder.---ALTERNATE---you could make a folder on your desktop called FSC, run the installer to the second screen, click "Verzeichnis wechseln" and select your FSC desktop folder and install it there, then drag it's contents into FS9. It places files both in the main folder and in Modules, and this way you can see whats involved. Good luck!!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-Dead bugs on the windshield.Mechanic-Live bugs on back-order.

Jeremy, thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I usually don't have a problem, but when it comes to FS9, you know what can happen if you screw something up. My system is already screwed up anyway. I posted in another thread about tossing my system out of my studio window. I will give it a shot later today. Thanks again!Best regards, Jeff

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Jeff said "I posted in another thread about tossing my system out of my studio window.":-lol LOL yup, I read that one, I've been there so I know how it is. Best of luck to you Jeff, both hardware-and software-wise!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-Dead bugs on the windshield.Mechanic-Live bugs on back-order.