Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

FS9 issue with win7 64.

I have read in Sim community forums that FS9 runs smoothly like a charm in win7 64 OS.

Last March I migrated my FS9 from XP SP3 to win7 64. Yet, I have been having issues

like "FS9 has stopped working", sometimes due to inability to "read" an instance like

0xXXXXXXX, sometimes due to a variety of dll files and sometimes due to WER/metadata.

This time I copied the event log, which I attached below this message.

The only difference with XP is that whatever program stop happens,in 7 64 occurs in FS9 startup

or at closing. In XP it happened in the middle of a flight, which is much worse.

In the beginning, I thought that one or two sceneries I had installed, were responsible,

and start a check every time I installed a scenery. I thought I found two "suspects" and replaced

them with lighter solutions.

Nevertheless, I still have this issue. I am not convinced that 7 64 OS is the perfect solution.

As far as I know, FS9 was created for win XP and in 4:3 format and everything else has the risk

of problems.

Anyway, any ideas on this ?

Sotiris

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          25/07/2016 17:35:54
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SOT-PC2
Description:
Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x03860162
Faulting process id: 0x5bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e681a9a8bad7
Faulting application path: C:\FS9\fs9.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 17235b59-5275-11e6-83c2-8c89a532e760
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-25T14:35:54.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>26750</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>SOT-PC2</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fs9.exe</Data>
    <Data>9.1.0.40901</Data>
    <Data>4135a208</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>03860162</Data>
    <Data>5bc</Data>
    <Data>01d1e681a9a8bad7</Data>
    <Data>C:\FS9\fs9.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>17235b59-5275-11e6-83c2-8c89a532e760</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Sotiris Stavrakis

Maybe delete the fs9.cfg & restart?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Robin,

I 'll give it a try, but it requires many tests before I say it is solved.

Thanks

Sotiris Stavrakis

FS2004 works great with Win 7. If you did a fresh install and followed all the normal install recommendations which it appears you did, it should work fine. Aspect ratio will make no difference to anything so your problem may very well be an addon as you suggested. Always worth a try to switch graphic drivers as well if you can't find the problem within FS or remove any custom graphic settings you made and run a flight with default graphic card settings.

Mark Daniels

I have W7 Pro 64, and FS 9 works like a charm! Does it happen with a specific Airplane? Does it not happen with others?

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I would install "Autosave". So at least you know where the issue happens. Then you should backup your scenery.cfg and deactivated all sceneries and aircraft by renaming the folder temporarly. After having got an almost "virgin" FS9 you might restart at the last saved situation by Autosave. I would even install an additional basic FS9 and see what happens. Don't forget to backup FS9.cfg first. If basic FS9 is working correctly, than you could paste on sceneries and aircaft step by step and restart your FS9 every time at the said situation.  It takes some time, I agree, but it could be a solution.

What are your PC and graphics specs?

Do they meet Microsoft's requirements to run Windows 7?

How did you migrate to Windows 7 - i.e. did you completely reformat the hard disk before installing Windows 7?

Your problems may not necessarily have anything to do with FS2004.  It could just be that the sim is where some other problem happens to manifest itself.

Dijvid

Have you tried the 4gb patch ?  I used it when I ran winXP and it helped a lot. I have patched FS9.1 in my win7 64bit setup and don't get crashes.

It may not solve your problem but it is worth a try.

Google "FS9 4gb patch large address aware"

Peter Schluter

First of all, many thanks to all of you for your reply.

Skywatcher, That's what I did last March, a fresh install and checking one by one all addon sceneries - I don't believe an addon aircraft could be the culprit.

I also installed the latest video card driver. I 'll test with default settings.

Note that I have 4400 AI planes around the globe operating nearly 700000 flights, but I don't think there is a texture fatal problem. I had some texture problems in XP platform. I sorted any issue having known how to.

Malware or virus issues are not present - checked with Malwarebytes and Comodo.

Alan, it can happen with any addon plane - I don't think it's an aircraft caused issue.

Goldenrocket, I had Autosave in previous system. I 'll use it again.

As I quoted in my original message, in 7 64 OS the FS stoppage happens in the startup or at the end of a situation,

so Autosave has little to give in this case.

All this process you suggest, has already started last March, but it is still unclear the cause of the stoppage.

Dijvid,my system specs :

Intel core i7 2600 3.40GHz

AMD Radeon R9 280 3GHz

RAM 8GB DDR3

Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD65

I also believe that something outside FS9 may cause this.

Pschlute, It happened even with 4GB patch.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Are you using the FS9.1 nocd patch ?  If so did you apply the 4gb patch after you replaced the nocd patch ?

Have you checked your AV quarantine folder ?  Made sure that all your FS9 installation is excepted from AV scanning?

Peter Schluter

Yes, I use FS9.1 no cd patch.

The 4GB patch was applied last week.

The Comodo quarantine folder is empty.

FS9 is excluded both as path and as exe file.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Well, you have a more powerful PC than me!

4,400 AI planes and 700,000 flights??!!  Wow!!  I don't run AI traffic myself but this little lot has got to take up some of your resources, surely?.  What happens if you temporarily disable them?

Also, do you have rundll32.exe appearing in the Processes tab of Task Manager [select "Show process from all users" first] once the sim is running?  If so, then kill it off - you can do this quite safely.  I do this on my system as it is a huge resource hog and has no effect on how things run afterwards except that loads of stutters disappear.

Dijvid

That's why I got a powerful system to run satis my AI system.

All these aircraft run smoothly in FS9.

I tried to migrate to FSX, but I had very low FPS and thus FSX was rejected as platform.

I took a look on Task Manager. No rundll32.exe was noted.

Sotiris Stavrakis

4,400 AI planes and 700,000 flights??!!  Wow!!  I don't run AI traffic myself but this little lot has got to take up some of your resources, surely?.

I have 3700 ai a/c and 600,000 legs in the flightplans. The sim is not processing all those at once. Any decent computer should be able to run that.

Peter Schluter

I have 3700 ai a/c and 600,000 legs in the flightplans. The sim is not processing all those at once. Any decent computer should be able to run that.

Thanks for the info.  Didn't realise this as I have never used AI aircraft - they never appealed to me!

Dijvid