Sign in to follow this  
aurel42

Is FSGenesis still active?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum. In 2009 I purchased stuff from FS Genesis, they still have a working web site, but they don't seem to respond to customer service tickets. Does anybody know whether the company still alive?

The current FSGenesis is not the same guy(company) that it used to be.  He is now creating mesh again under the Toposim company name(http://www.toposim.net/).  I believe the current FSGenesis bought him out?  So, if you liked what the original creator did, than you'd want to go with toposim.  I have not used the new FSGenesis stuff but have heard the same problem you are experiencing with customer support.  The original owner(and now the toposim owner) had great support from my experience.

Hope that makes sense and hope it helps.  If it were my choice today, I'd go with toposim.  But that's just my opinion.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Ah, thank you so much for the explanation.  I tried to get help recovering a product I purchased back then.  I seem to remember it was some kind of "lifetime membership" that would entitle me to get all the in-house FSGenesis products for free forever.  I can now see how the new owner would not feel the need to help me out there. :)

You'll definitely want to contact Justin at Toposim if you have a life time membership. That admirable man is honoring the old life time memberships.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

That admirable man is honoring the old life time memberships.

That's really admirable indeed.

Funny story: I dug deep into my old mails again, and it turns out I was too cheap to get the lifetime membership, I only got a three year membership (in 2004) which, I guess, has expired by now. ;)

While that's kinda sad for my wallet, it also provides me with a chance to support Justin again. Thanks again for pointing me towards Toposim!

Hello,

Yes, I have severed all connection with the current FSGenesis.  Just got tired of fighting and reached a much-less-than-desirable settlement with the new ownership on arrearages, and no longer receive any compensation on the sales of those old products.  Instead I have started from scratch again to render all those old products obsolete with my new, rebuilt-from-the-ground-up Toposim Continents product line, a far-superior product in my humble opinion lol, that utilizes the experience gained over nearly 20 years of terrain mesh development, and leverages newly-available source data while looking to the future with coming support for the new sims currently on the drawing board.

Obviously, I would have no objections whatsoever if all the thousands of old supporters of the original FSGenesis would delete their old, obsolete dead-end stuff and replace it with the new Toposim Continents products, the future of terrain mesh.  I haven't worked out the details yet but there will be an inexpensive - perhaps free if I can afford it - upgrade path to the new 64-bit sims from both DTG and LM, so buying my current product line now will save money going forward once these new simulators come online, while still enjoying the experience of the current simulators. 

So, don't hesitate :)

Come by http://www.toposim.net and see what we have . . .

Thanks

Justin

• Upvote 1

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Come by http://www.toposim.net and see what we have . . .

Hey Justin, long time no see. :D

I'm sure Western Europe is in the pipeline, that's the region I'm most interested in (Germany and its neighbors).

Yes, definitely on the production schedule.  The Caribbean is next, within a week or so I'd say, completing North America, then I will turn my attention to Western Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, and Oceania, including Hawaii, leaving only Antarctica and Siberia, which pretty much wil complete the global 19m base.

Justin

• Upvote 1

Justin - Toposim

So Justin, I am a Galaxy member from way back which I understand you still honor.  How does one contact you with the credentials?  I see no way to email you on your website?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch

Generally, just register a user account at www.toposim.net and I will cross-reference the old database and manually configure your account.

I've been having sporadic problems with new user logins, so please let me know if you have any problems.

NB - the email contact links are in the footer.  Perhaps I should make it more obvious.  Spending the day troubleshooting and tweaking the website.

Thanks

Justin

Justin - Toposim

Everyone has to make their own decisions but even though I am a Galaxy member, I find that I feel more comfortable hitting the donate button every now and then instead of just downloading all the freebies I can.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic . . . that is appreciated, as always.

Hi Clutch

>>I see no way to email you on your website?<<

You can also use the Forums at the Support and Community site at Toposim.net

Justin

Hi Aurel42

>>I'm sure Western Europe is in the pipeline, that's the region I'm most interested in (Germany and its neighbors).

Just released a few days ago, as a matter of fact.  And also the European Continent Bundle . . .

Justin

Justin - Toposim

Hi Justin I have a question for you do I need an area devoid of all  scenery  to nstall toposim as much  as I want to install  various continenets, I am worried in case they install over my ORBBX Europe England  and IRELAND as well lots of airports

I have Orbx England, NA, CRM, etc and quite a few of their airports and I've seen no problems at all using Toposim products with them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors