Sign in to follow this  
orvos

Pro-atcX

Hi everone,

I was searching for a sub-forum for ProAtc to post my problem, but couldnt find it so excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place.

My problem is that ProatcX sometimes gives me wrong instructions, like maintaining a high altitude during approach or sometimes follow different headings than the original route.

latest example was today in route from LHBP to LOWI, instructions were to maintain 13000ft until almost 15 nm from runway!

needless to say...i crashed :)

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings,

even i have a similar issue.

pro atc x never gives permission to select different runway or an approach or star. I have experienced this in all default fsx airport. Using default afcad . Does any1 experience same issue?

Did you actually read this nearly year old thread? The part where Pete gives a link to the ProATC forum is particularly useful.

DJ

13 hours ago, raman93 said:

I have experienced this in all default fsx airport. Using default afcad . Does any1 experience same issue?

This is a known bug in the current release. It used to work but is now broken. 

1 hour ago, Sidney Schwartz said:

This is a known bug in the current release. It used to work but is now broken. 

This will be fixed in the next update due around november 2017, not long to wait folks.

5 hours ago, Glynn said:

This will be fixed in the next update due around november 2017, not long to wait folks.

Yes I think you almost correct, it should be around November, year unknown however.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

11 hours ago, Glynn said:

Actually, there's an announcement on the Forum that a release will be made on 19th March which fixes all known issues.

Of course, I am away on holiday then! Typical! ;-)

Oh, one thing: it does say "Monday 19th March" , and the next Monday 19th March is in 2018!

But I assume he really means Monday 20th March.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The update was released today. The problem with requesting a different star/approach/runway is supposed to be fixed, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

• Upvote 1

Has anybody tested the new version?

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

The only thing I tested was the ability to request a different STAR or runway. It worked. The only other significant problem I'm aware of is that the program sometimes does not recognize when you reach a way point in the flight plan. This happens randomly so I can't test for it...just have to wait and see if it still happens. All in all I like ProATC-X better than PF3 or Radar Contact, both of which I used for years.

I personally think Pro ATC X is the best AI ATC program, for a variety of reasons, and I do have/have had most of the other ones. But if you are considering it, have a look at some reviews of Pro ATC X as well as ones for others such as Radar Contact, Vox ATC etc. You might prefer the features of those.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Has any one successfullu networked proatx on a client machine?

tried to map the drive on client which I did but when you go into to point to p3dv3..can't choose mapped drive. I have windows 10. I can do it that way but it can't find makerunway exe. and I can't get the keyboard 1 or 7 to popup on client machine?  The ai tool in the sdk connects to p3dv3 so simconnect is not an issue..don't think...has anyone know how to show keyboard on server..maybe thru fsuipc..I have widefs and it connects ok.. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Bob M.

Bob M

1 hour ago, unc1rlm said:

Has any one successfullu networked proatx on a client machine?

Yes, I use it this way.

The main thing to do is run MakeRunways from your FS folder on your FS PC, whenever you change scenery or get new AIRAC data, then in ProATC/C import new AIRAC without using the Read Scenery button. Assuming you've already given ProATC/X the pasth to your FS folder (shared), it will read the MakeRunways data you've already created.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen