Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

What options and settings do you want in DTG Flight Simulator? (Official Discussion)

Hi martin .

One of the things i would like to be able  to control when it comes to AI traffic in the settings  is the amount of aircrafts displayed around me . some like to have alot of AI on the ground or on the air but some like a fewer less crowed enviroment that way their system can perform a bit better ..... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

My biggest gripe is how old the sim is. Old tech blah blah blah. I would love a set it and forget it. Provide a ton of setting options within the sim GUI. Get specific with seyting options. With 64 bit coming, graphics should get a solid boost. As much as flying an airplane is aboit flying the airplane, immersion on the outside is just as important. For example, level d sims have horribke visuals and its comical to be flying around in the sim during recurrent.

Better flight dynamics has to happen. Anywho, im getting off track.

My biggest suggestion is what i said before. Offer as many settings options as possible from within the sim. Im tired of having to go in the .cfg file to do setting changes.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Aside from that, my personal approach to flight sims is always frame rate first. The one thing I absolutely must have is a high enough frame rate for landing. Somewhere in the 30-40 fps zone, and absolutely free of any stutters or glitches. I need to get a sense of air cushion during the flare with lighter planes, and have enough control in a cross-wind landing, or manage a stable hover in a helicopter. Everything else in regards to eye candy is subservient to that requirement. I'll knock back anything I have to, in order to get the frame rate I need for precise control when landing.

When setting up the sim for an optimal framerate which options or tweaks do you use? What options would you like to see in a new simulator to help you achieve this? 

- Martin 

There are also a few things that may not be related to graphics but for general settings (not sure if it's allowed). One is maybe "Use System Time" uses the UTC time of your PC with the UTC time of DFS. In FSX, this was set as local time (at default, it starts at Friday airport, in the PST/PDT timezone).

All suggestions are welcome. You are the players, you know what you want better than anyone, and we want to hear it. 

- Martin 

One other point is that besides settings and tweaks, I always set up an Nvidia Inspector profile to get the best possible image quality (Filtering and Anti-aliasing, SGSS etc). It would be great if this step could be eliminated.

You raise a good point with graphic cards drivers and advance config tools like this. Do you usually set this up first, or do you set the sim up and then the graphics card? 

- Martin 

Perhaps a simpler  'aircraft systems' vs 'scenery quality' slider or switch might be useful.

An interesting idea. So do you think there should be one slider which balances the two of these, or do you think there should be separate sliders for each? Should there be other options relating to them? Such as shadows or scenery density? Or do you think that the sim should handle that for you based on where the slider is? For example if you selected a low scenery quality it would turn off all shadows in the world for you automatically?

What does everyone else think about this idea?

- Martin  

Since you now are on DX11, there are a plethora of new AA techs available

Which ones in particular would like to see included if possible? Do you think having these controlled from within the game is better than controlling them from the graphic card configuration tool? 

- Martin 

I want the view blocked in virtual cockpit, many planes pay the view moves.

[DynamicHeadMovement]

HeadMoveTimeConstant=0

LonAccelOnHeadLon=0

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0

MaxHeadAngle=0

MaxHeadOffset=0

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0

YawAccelOnHeadLat=0

example

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Give us settings that will provide a absolute smooth flying experience with great detailed graphics without the jaggies and shimmering that FSX and DTG Flight School now has, using Nvidia Inspector is helpful but isn't a cure all for the jaggies and shimmering seen in both sims

• Upvote 1

Give us settings that will provide a absolute smooth flying experience with great detailed graphics without the jaggies and shimmering that FSX and DTG Flight School now has, using Nvidia Inspector is helpful but isn't a cure all for the jaggies and shimmering seen in both sims

And what would those settings be jymp?

- Martin 

Are you DTG guys for real? You're supposed to be developing the next great flight simulator and you're asking US questions like this?

LMAO!

A good developer listens first; then makes decisions and compromises. There's nothing wrong with a developer trying to figure out what people have been doing with their sims. As an engineer, I've built plenty of "failed" devices because I did not first ask the operator.  The answers and the wishes of users provide invaluable information in terms of gui design and expectations.

Keep it up, Martin.

tony

• Upvote 1

I like that DTG listens to our opinions, it's not so common.  :wink:

But honestly I don't want to tweak my simulator anymore. I'd love it more like all modern games, a simple menu with some graphic options and nothing else. Take a quick look at a random AAA game and you'll know what I'd want DTG FS to be like. 

I don't think it's up to us try to find the correct combination of tweaks to make it smooth and good looking.

My two cents.

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

All suggestions are welcome. You are the players, you know what you want better than anyone, and we want to hear it.

Thanks. Other than requesting "Use System Time" to look at the PC's UTC Time rather than local time and the UTC Time that is read is used by the sim's UTC Time, and hybrid measurements differ on the region flown (such as using inHg for Altimeters in America and use Meters for Altitude in Russia and China), that is everything for general settings.

For Realism. In Flight School, there is an option called "Random Failures". I would like the option to change the frequency of random failures. In this order, something like Never (no failures), Very Common (one for every 4 hour of flight), Common (one for every 16 hours of flight), Uncommon (one for every 64 hours of flight), Rare (one for every 256 hours of flight), Very Rare (one for every 1024 hours of flight), or Extremely Rare (one for every 4096 hours of flight). Just something I'd like to see.

Júnior Silva

You raise a good point with graphic cards drivers and advance config tools like this. Do you usually set this up first, or do you set the sim up and then the graphics card? 

I always set the sim up first, make sure it's running well, then the graphics card settings to refine the image quality. But the order doesn't really matter, if you know the graphics card settings to use you can set those first.

Barry Friedman

For Realism. In Flight School, there is an option called "Random Failures". I would like the option to change the frequency of random failures. In this order, something like Never (no failures), Very Common (one for every 4 hour of flight), Common (one for every 16 hours of flight), Uncommon (one for every 64 hours of flight), Rare (one for every 256 hours of flight), Very Rare (one for every 1024 hours of flight), or Extremely Rare (one for every 4096 hours of flight). Just something I'd like to see.

That Other (non-FSX) Sim has a good set of failure menus that add other parameters besides time. For a wide selection of things that can fail (engine, airframe bits, electronics), each one has the following options:

• Always working
  • Mean time until failure (opens entry field for minutes)
  • Exact time until failure (opens entry field for minutes)
  • Fail at exact speed KIA (opens entry field for kts)
  • Fail at exact altitude AGL (opens entry field for ft)
  • Fail at CTRL-F or JOY inoperative
That CTRL-F is a nice way to insta-fail a component for practicing engine failures on takeoff or short final. That's the one I've used the most. It's also interesting that you can set it for altitude or speed. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I was spending more time tweaking than flying. No longer fly FSX and rarely fly P3D. Mostly fly X-Plane (largely tweak free) and DCS (no tweaks at all :)).

Martin,

the fact that you even ask about tweaking makes me think you are totally on the wrong track.

Unless you are a nerd, you don't want to tweak. People want to fly. Not tweak.

We tweak, because the old FSX code requires it. A new sim should eliminate any tweaks. 

Only a small percentage of people, of the masses, even know that you can tweak, not to mention they know that a config file exists.....

Tweaking a sim requires border line programmer knowledge or at least some technical knowledge that most people don't have/want to acquire. 

Give us settings that we can change, but PLEASE get away from the need to tweak!

• Upvote 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Are you DTG guys for real? You're supposed to be developing the next great flight simulator and you're asking US questions like this?

LMAO!

How else would you suggest we find out what the flight simulation community wants other than by asking them neumanix? We want you all to be part of the development process. If you have some other ideas about how we should do this then we would love to hear them. 

- Martin