Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

A good freeware cockpit enviroment package ???

HiCan anyone recommend a good freeare cockpit environment package - nothing too flash, just something to maybe play a few wav files for ambient sounds and cabin announcements etc ???Many thanksGary

Guest saudi_777

Two files spring to mind:1- The FlightDeck Sound Effects Panel by Marcus Thompson, available here:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...IP&CatID=fs2004That panel also has lots of add-ons, here are a few examples (there are more add-ons for it by various authors in the Avsim File Library):http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...s2004&Go=Search2- The FS2002/FS2004 Crew Dialogs And Pushback Gauges by Alain Capt. Search for it by this file name over at Flightsim.com: acscrpb5.zipRead the Readme files for all of the above files very carefully for proper usage. :-hahHope this helps, mate!! :-waveRegards,

Look also for Flight Assistant 2.2 by Timm Linder, if you'd like to be able to instruct your co-pilot what to do and have him do it!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Mark and others!I've downloaded but not yet installed Flight Assistant, and I've also got Voice Buddy, which I never managed to install and their service people were unable to help me out.However, recently I had to reformat my #1 hard disc and put a clean install of Windows XP Home on it, and I also reinstalled FS9 on my #2 hard disc. Especially the clean Windows seems to have solved some problems.So: I would like to give either FA a first, or VB a new try. Unfortunately I am exceedingly stupid, firstly because I wasn't born too bright, and secondly on account of stuff like AIPD (Alcohol Induced Persisting Dementia), Asperger's Syndrom (a form of autism), and a rich array of other quite spectacular and sometimes highly hilarious neurological ailments (but I've still maintained the ability to grin widely and wickedly about myself)!My main question is: what does VB do that FA doesn't, and what does FA do that VB doesn't? Also: am I right in presuming that either or possibly both programmes would, after a bit of tinkering combined with the wildly and desparately uttering of many rather ungodly words, enable me to instruct a virtual flight engineer (like in the B-29 which is a typical "flight engineers aircraft") to do/set things like "break away power", "take-off power", "cruise 'em up" or, more detailed, stuff like set mixture to auto rich or auto lean, fumble with cowling flaps, in short: do what a flight engineer does? Not to mention the co-pilot, who should do fairly useful things like taking care of flaps and undercarriage and such.I'm especially interested in all this stuff for the B-29, which is about as easy on the skipper and as hard on the rest of the cockpit crew as any aeroplane ever invented. So the one million dollar question seems to be: would either FA or VB be able to sort of recreate this (for the skipper) very pleasant division of workloads?Thanks in advance, and be well, the lot of you!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

Oh, what the heck! This era calls for being brave! I'll just install Voice Buddy and try if it works this time. And if it doesn't, like either "it" or "me" buggering up things, well, I'll simply unbugger them again, and then give Flight Assistant a try.I'll boldly go where, apparently, no sane man has gone before (grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

Okay, that failed. Firstly Voice Buddy refused to accept my registration key, and when I tried it in demo mode even on the freshly reformatted hard disc with a totally fresh and clean Windows XP Home installed, it buggered up whatever it could. By now I've thoroughly had it with EDimensional. My first set of (wireless) 3D glasses came apart on account of utter flimsyness, the second set (wired) held out a bit longer but the extremely thin wiring eventually developed an internal break so I had to sort of tie it in a loop te restore contact (I finally flung the bloody thing into the dustbin), my first set of FX phones (the "rumble thing") had something loose in the left earpiece which fluttered hither and thither with even the slightest rumbles, I bought a second set which held out for nearly a year but now it's developing the same issue as its predecessor, my first purchase of Voice Buddy (some years ago) wouldn't even install on my then machine, my second purchase of Voice Buddy buggered up my later machine about half a year ago, and now I tried it on a freshly reformatted disc it doesn't recognize its own registration code and in demo mode it messed up whatever "engine" it is supposed to install or work with. I have soundly and thoroughly HAD IT with whatever trash EDimensional peddles.So: I'm headed towards installing Flight Assistant now. At least I won't have to buy it twice, like my Edimensional stuff, before finding out that it's useless. Good grief, it might even WORK!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

helloFlight Assistant is a great piece of software, I own Voice buddy but i use Flight assistant, says it all really.

Hi, Jaap.Try "SpeechBuddyII" available here at AVSIM. Let me know if you have any problems. TV

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Maddog!I just installed Flight Assistant, and tomorrow (right now it's past midnight here and within a few minutes I'll hit the sack) I will configure it and try it out. Your experiences with both VB and FA does indeed say it all, I guess!Jaap.

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Avcomware!If tomorrow Flight Assistant fails just like Voice Buddy did, I'll definitely give SpeechBuddy a try as well! Thanks!Jaap.

>Hi Avcomware!>>If tomorrow Flight Assistant fails just like Voice Buddy did,>I'll definitely give SpeechBuddy a try as well! Thanks!>>Jaap.Hello Jaapyou will love flight assistant, great simple interface for designing your voice profiles and a low memory footprint.Sonar5 will probably jump into this thread to echo these sentiments(he's done a couple of really nice profiles for this software, available in the library)

Guest jaapverduijn

You were totally right: Flight Assistant is GREAT! I'm still in the process of making all my custom commands, but even now my B29 is already behaviung like it has a true flight engineer on board!I will email the developer, and air my great satisfaction about this remarkable piece of freeware! I think the occasional utterance of gratitude for a truly great (and free!) add-on is richly deserved.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, mate!Jaap.