Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Stutters on final. It's getting annoying.

I have p3d verision 3.3.5 And on final in the pmdg 737 I getting stutters. It's very annoying.

What causes the stutters?

I installed p3d v3.3.5 for a few weeks ago and not a ploblem at all but suddenly I have stutters on final. 

I5 4460 3.2-3.4 ghz

GTX 750 2gb

8gb RAM

1TB HDD

ORBX textures

PMDG

I have p3d verision 3.3.5 And on final in the pmdg 737 I getting stutters. It's very annoying.

I installed p3d v3.3.5 for a few weeks ago and not a ploblem at all but suddenly I have stutters on final.

I5 4460 3.2-3.4 ghz

GTX 750 2gb

8gb RAM

1TB HDD

ORBX textures

PMDG

I am in the middle of diagnosing/documenting constant serious stutters in my Lancair v2 on the KLAX Rws 25R and left approach...even on the roll out....you can imagine how pi55ed I am having just installed a new GTX 1080/I-7 6700k this past weekend.

P3d and other scenery on SSDs, Upgraded Client and to 3.3.5, Unchecked FTX SCA, UTXUSA V2 in scenery and set all sliders to default...still there.

Reallllllly freeeking frustrating...

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I am in the middle of diagnosing/documenting constant serious stutters in my Lancair v2 on the KLAX Rws 25R and left approach...even on the roll out....you can imagine how pi55ed I am having just installed a new GTX 1080/I-7 6700k this past weekend.

What Vsync + frame rate limit do you have set in P3D.

I'm only avoiding the stutters by using Vsync ON and Unlimited or 60 frames, set in the sim.

I have not installed any addon scenery yet though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have Vsync ON in p3d and in nvidia controlpanel I have it set to half refresh rate. Fps set to 32. Now I get Micro stutters only sometimes.

having just installed a new GTX 1080/I-7 6700k this past weekend.

Try deleting your Shaders folder,  You never know 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

=================

For beginners.....

It is recommended to delete your Shaders folder any time you change your Graphics card, update your Graphics driver or Harware, Make Graphic changes to your Sim or you install a new program or Ad On into Prepar3D.  The next time you start Prepar3D, your Shaders will Rebuild

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479630-where-to-find-my-shaders-folder-prepar3d/

Try deleting your Shaders folder,  You never know 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

=================

For beginners.....

It is recommended to delete your Shaders folder any time you change your Graphics card, update your Graphics driver or Harware, Make Graphic changes to your Sim or you install a new program or Ad On into Prepar3D.  The next time you start Prepar3D, your Shaders will Rebuild

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479630-where-to-find-my-shaders-folder-prepar3d/

Poppet, You are an absolute STAR!!!!  Thank your for all you help you have given as its alway worked a treat for me!!!

• Upvote 1

What Vsync + frame rate limit do you have set in P3D.

I'm only avoiding the stutters by using Vsync ON and Unlimited or 60 frames, set in the sim.

I have not installed any addon scenery yet though.

gb.

In Lancair v2 / dual GTN750s

VSync is Off

FPS set to 31, although FPS around KLAX is way slower...more like sub-low twenties, so the efficacy of setting it higher is dubious.

I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas, I get the same thing at KLAX and FTX SCA.  I thought it was the amount of autogen in LA area but if you still have it when FTX is not applied then there is something else causing it. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I5 4460 3.2-3.4 ghz

GTX 750 2gb

8gb RAM

1TB HDD

ORBX textures

PMDG

6SShhST.jpg

what does 12FPS, 21%CPU Utilization and 19% GPU Utilization this tell y'all???....at first blush, methingks something is rotten in Denmark...

with UTXv2, smooth as butter then Litterally a 1/2 second HALT...then smooth again...I've got video on that...unchecking UTX and activating FTX-SCA is what you see here...Vsync OFF, 31FPS limited in P3d Client /Content v3.3.5.17625,

Oddly, P3d itself shows V3.1.2.15831...do I have a problem here?

Advise anyone?...shameful performance NOT Stressing CPU/GPU beyond 21% utilization...#####???

Regards, and thanks in advance for someone who knows what Ive done wrong responding,

Chas 

Chas

In Lancair v2 / dual GTN750s

VSync is Off

FPS set to 31, although FPS around KLAX is way slower...more like sub-low twenties, so the efficacy of setting it higher is dubious.

I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Chas

I'm sorry to be OT, but this bothers me every time I see your avatar.  Is your finger in your nose? 

Try deleting your Shaders folder, You never know

I agree whole heartedly. As my installation has evolved I've lost count of the number of times I have deleted this folder and allowed the sim to rebuild. Does no harm whatsoever. Just remember, and it's been said umpteen times, DO NOT delete the ShadersHLSL folder in P3D root otherwise you will find yourself up the proverbial creek without a paddle......unless, of course, you have remembered to create that backup before launching yourself into the unknown..lol

Also, while you are at it, I suggest you check the content of your SceneryIndexes folder. You will find it in the same folder as Scenery.cfg. Corruption of the numbering sequence can and does occur, I know, it's happened to me twice and I still haven't identified the culprit. The indexes should be in an orderly sequence to match the content of your Scenery.cfg. If you see any deviations then simply delete the entire content of that folder (SceneryIndexes) and P3D will rebuild at next run.

Mike

I'm sorry to be OT, but this bothers me every time I see your avatar.  Is your finger in your nose? 

How could you mistaken a bottle of Chilled American Brew for a finger  :smile:

. If you see any deviations then simply delete the entire content of that folder (SceneryIndexes) and P3D will rebuild at next run.

Very good Mike, Good point  

Laffffffffffffffffffffffffffinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....nosir....its me Vaping....after 51 years of smoking....I stopped and started vaping July 3 2013....yaaayyyyMeeeeee...and byebye yearly bronchitis, and diminished taste...you brought it up....so....let me invite you smokers out there to TRY Vaping!!!!....you, your lungs, your health insurance bill, your wife, your drapes, clothes, friends and health will thank you...

Chas

Laffffffffffffffffffffffffffinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....nosir....its me Vaping....after 51 years of smoking....I stopped and started vaping July 3 2013....yaaayyyyMeeeeee...and byebye yearly bronchitis, and diminished taste...you brought it up....so....let me invite you smokers out there to TRY Vaping!!!!....you, your lungs, your health insurance bill, your wife, your drapes, clothes, friends and health will thank you...

Chas

Better yet, just quit nicotine altogether. I did it 40 years ago from 3 packs a day. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310