Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Payware aircraft gathering dust

I find myself flying the very complex aircraft (PMDG, Level-D, PSS, Wilco CRJ) very seldom. I got FS and got involved to have a leisure hobby - not a job.

>I find myself flying the very complex aircraft (PMDG,>Level-D, PSS, Wilco CRJ) very seldom. I got FS and got>involved to have a leisure hobby - not a job.I agree 100% and that is why I don't buy very many aircraft.I'm sitting onIron Knuckles DC-9Captain Sim 727 (not because it's too complicated, I like the Vistaliners models better)Eaglesoft Citation XF1 Cessna 421Vans 717 (I bought it mostly for the panel)On the other hand, my SkyDecks panels and the Aerosim L-1011 get a lot of use.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest beana51

I have to agree with you.Some of the aircraft offered are truly a handful.It shows how sophisticated this Sim has gotten.I hold a deep admiration for he lads who jump into those things,"No Fear",our hobby accommodates all. Aviation has come a long way,most instances not for the squeamish,or faint of heart.And yet,there is still room for a Sunday afternoon flight,in a forgiving plane of ones choice,or more realisticly, what ya can afford,perfect weather,Coke in hand,chart on lap,with maby a person who never flew before,in the "Right" seat.It is the right seat, for any introduction to flight, especially for the young. For me,thats the part of flight I like most.Yes even on the Sim.I keep two seats there. Like fishing,its not like I don't go deep sea fishing,hanging on for your life,battling the big ons,but I do enjoy a quit lake, a can of Worms,and a kid ,to teach fishing to.Same with flying!! "LESS WORK MORE FUN " "CHEERS" :-beerchug VIN

Guest JIMJAM

With over 25 paywares, I make a point to hop in each every now and then and take a refresher course. Sometimes it reminds me how good it is and others make me wonder why I bought it.I fly strickly vc so the ones I need to open panels,resize and drag around I tend to avoid. While others that are more well though out make it easier to hop in and go.I had a bad habit of buying just about anything that came out. Now what I do is first track down a freeware version and fly it for a few days. If it holds my interest and I feel its a plane I will fly often, I will get the payware.

Guest ThrottleUp

Flight 1 ATR. I now know I will never buy another turboprop. Nothing against Flight1...its a brilliant plane. I just find that I fly a propjet for 0.00001% of the time. Even my nice freeware Dreamwings Dash 8 Q100, Q200 & Q400 have not flown in months....along with the Twin Otters etc. Thats why I stopped myself from buying the FSD Porter and got a nice freeware Maule instead.Its them iFDG & Posky Airbuses that are getting major airtime now! Followed closely by the PMDG 737.Its quite an eye-opener to go to your virtual hangar and "discover" planes you forgot you even had! The other day I spotted a YS-11 in there and was like "Huh?" :)

I find that my type of flying goes in spirts. Most of my payware is general aviation. I have a few airliners like the PMDG 737, Beech 1900, Flight1 ATR and LevelD 767. These are good enough to do the feeder routes to the long flights across the pond. So I don't spend a lot of time and money on the airliners. The kind of flying I have done before FS was fly general aviation (just for fun). So I spend much of my time flying the aircraft I know well (piper, cessna, beechcraft). The ones that I choose to fly go in spirts. I will fly a lot of the Aeroworx King Air, or mostly the Carenado Cessna 182, it all depends on the mood, where I am going, and interest.Nuff said.....Kevin

Guest SaVas

Since I bought FsPassengers, I find myself flying with aircraft I purchased many moons ago that I have not flown in a long time. I use them with my makeshift little FsP 'company' and have found some that I very much enjoy that haven't seen the light of day for so long.Now on the shelves are the military jets and single seater aircraft I bought because I can't use them with FsP in ways that would work to my FsP enjoyment.But from time to time all paywares get utilized EXCEPT the F1 Meridian that I have not been able to get flyable for over a year with reinstalls, and such to the point I Gave up. It crashes my sim.

Guest JimC1702

Where to begin? The following are in mothballs:Dreamfleet ArcherDreamfleet CardinalPMDG Beech 1900DFSD Piper NavajoFSD CommanderCarenado F-33 BonanzaCarenado T-34 MentorAustraliam Simulation Piper WarriorThe ones I am currently flying:Dreamfleet BaronDreamfleet BonanzaFSD Seneca VFSD Cessna SkymasterFifty North B737Flight 1 Cessna 441 Flight 1 Cessna 172 Aeroworx B200I've probably forgotten a couple.Jim

I guess as far as gathering dust,dreamfleet Cardinal is gathering dust in my hangar.I still enjoy flying my other payware aircraft, but I haven't flown the Cardinal in a few months.I do however fly many of the freeware aircraft I listed in the freeware thread here: :-)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=260713&page=4But I also have some freeware aircraft I don't really fly anymore, but most of those I did not list anyway in that thread.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Stuff I haven't used in a long time:Captain Sim 727DF CardinalDF ArcherDF C310DF737Flight1 ATRFlight1 C421Flight1 DC-9Flight1 MeridianFSD CheyennePSS AirbusPSS Dash 8RealAir Scout

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Jetfan

During FS98 and FS2000, I gathered some payware aircraft and utilities. Well, they either don't work anymore or the FS technology has advanced so far that they are obsolete or unnecessary.So, what gathers dust in my hangars is mostly freeware. I don't upgrade with every sim, and to buy payware, it would really have to be somehing outstanding. My last purchase was Captain Sim 727. They look great and I still use them, but just the skins. The rest of the transaction with Captain Sim was not great, so I will just skip the payware from now on.My two cents,Cheers..Bob

Planes permanently buried in an aircraft cemetary:FSD International Piaggio AvantiWilco PIC Airbus A 320Igfly Tupolev 154Lago MD 80Captain Sim 707Captain Sim 727Captain Sim F 104Aerosoft's A 10 WarthogFs Cloud 9 F 104Aerosoft's SeahawkPlanes gathering dustDreamfleet ArcherFlight 1 Cessna ConquestFlight 1 Cessna 152PSS Dash 8Flight 1 ATRLevel D 767PMDG 747-400Eaglesoft's Citation IIAircraf I fly regularly:Eaglesoft's Cessna Citation XPMDG 737 NGFeel There's ERJ 145Piper MeridianAeroworx King Airthere are more...the fact that I can't actually remember which planes I have, well, that speaks volumes in itself. ricardo

Felt the same way about the ATR when I first got her (during the beta program, which means you have to fly it :) ).But once I got to know her a bit I started to really like her.Sure she's "different", but that's the charm :)

Hello Bob:If I may add my two cents as well with no offence intended:You say: "The rest of the transaction with Captain Sim was not great, so I will just skip the payware from now on."Please don't judge payware by your experience with "Captain Sim". I am afraid you started out with the black sheep of the family (Note the posts relative to the number of people who paid to be beta testers for their latest whatever). You are missing out on some great birds IMHO. As a suggestion, give the Eaglesoft Citation X, some later Dreamfleet contribution or a cheapy PSS bird a try. There are many other fine options and you don't know what you are missing. The danger believe it or not is that once hooked you may have to lock up your credit card to keep from going wild.Hey, this in no way is meant to bad mouth the excellent freeware contributions so many have made. My hanger is filled with both pay and freeware.Respectfully:RTH