Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

AI Traffic @ military airprorts

Hi,

I do most of my flying out of RAF Brize Norton as it's a cheap place with a long runway and ILS in AirHauler.

However, I've noticed that I never see any AI traffic on the ground or taking off or landing there.  Is that just because I don't have suitable models loaded for military traffic in the UK (I have the default P3D v3.3 aircraft plus the PMDG 737, MJC Q400 and the new C47), or does P3D just not model military traffic?  All my traffic sliders are set to 100%.

If P3D doesn't model military traffic, is there an addon that works with v3 that would add it?

Many thanks

Graham

P3D doesnt come with military traffic. I believe you will have to buy my traffic 6.

Even with MyT 6, the military traffic schedules are not entirely accurate, but at least you do see a wide range of fighters, bombers, cargo planes and rotorcraft at many military airports. One can search around the internet for specific freeware addon military airbases and many of them have AI models and traffic built-in. At worst, those traffic BGL files are in FS9 format and would have to be converted to FSX/P3d format with the 3rd party freeware app, AI Flight Planner.

Or (cha-ching!):

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields/My_Homepage_Files/Page2.html

I'd email the developer and ask about military traffic at the UK RAF bases.

None of the schedules in MyTraffic are terribly accurate and the military models besides looking like they are from FS98 (they actually all look like this) also looks like they've been dipped in varnish.

Check out http://www.militaryaiworks.com/, it's free and works quite well in P3d.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yeah MAIW is the way too go.  Also a couple of nice downloads in AVSIM library for RAF bases.  RAF Wattisham is one I can think of with nice AI traffic of F-4 phantoms complete with afterburner effect. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll take a look at that http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ link.

Having seen all the problems people seem to have getting MT6 going, and it's potential to cripple frame rates I wasn't keen on that!  

I also seem to remember reading somewhere that the UK2000 scenery didn't work well with Orbx due to the Orbx scenery changing the altitudes of some airports?  Or was that MT6 too?

Graham

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll take a look at that http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ link.

I have no problem (as I did above) in suggesting that one look around the Internet with Google to find specific airfields, AI models and schedules. But I have a policy of not recommending specific versions, mostly because the vast majority of what's out there is in FS9 (or worse) formats. Sure, AI schedules can be converted to FSX and P3d versions with AI Flight Planner. FS9 airports can be updated with Airport Design Editor. And FS9 models can be converted with Model Converter X. But for the average flight sim user, doing all this correctly (which means carefully reading the manual for those 3rd party utilities) is too much of a bother. All that happens is that novice users start downloading a whole bunch of incompatible freeware and messing up their flight sim installation.

There's a reason that freeware is free.