Sign in to follow this  
shastana

Prepar3D V3 crash with 737NGX

Hi, 

Please help.

I'm using i7-6700 CPU @3.40GHz, 8Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 370 card, Windows10
On-board graphic card disabled. All Windows and graphic card update done.
One version of P3Dv3 installed only.

Almost every single time when I run 737NGX the prepar3Dv3 crashes and I get a message "Display driver stops responding and has recovered."

When I run the prepar3d without the pmdg737ngx addon there is no problems.

All drivers updated.

Thank you.

Please look at the event viewer and see if there is a application error report.  We are looking for information about the crash that might help fix the problem. Start button Windows Admin Tools > Computer Management.  Use the Event Viewer in left pane.  There is a free AppCrashView available too that makes it very easy to see the error reports.

The Radeon is okay, but the NVidia GPU works a lot better with flight simulators.  Just sayin' But first try to find the faulting module and error code.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan.

Looks like it started from the EZCA

"Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Faulting module name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00860000
Faulting process id: 0x710
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e77c9a132b4a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Report Id: 21f62d2a-a96b-4564-ac72-aad6b260c1af"

Then several warning about display driver stoped worked:
"Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

and then video cart problem:

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1633, time stamp: 0x57509bb4
Faulting module name: atidxx64.dll, version: 8.17.10.671, time stamp: 0x5750965f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000057d8ef
Faulting process id: 0x1970
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e777bc1b041e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atidxx64.dll
Report Id: 572189b8-76be-4c6d-b62e-bae9ca09a046

I hope I understand it right.

I don't have any knowledge of EZCA but at least we ruled out a lot of things.  You should be able to run the NGX without it, right?  Check that product's customer support.

Dan Downs KCRP

"Display driver stops responding and has recovered."               Start by changing your video drivers and see what happens then.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I don't have any knowledge of EZCA but at least we ruled out a lot of things.  You should be able to run the NGX without it, right?  Check that product's customer support.

Dan

I found this  as the result of a search for EZCA - Flight One Software, in partnership with EZdok Software, is excited to offer EZdok Camera for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D. EZdok Camera (EZCA). It looks like it might be a version of EZdok for P3D.

Hi, 

Please help.

I'm using i7-6700 CPU @3.40GHz, 8Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 370 card, Windows10

On-board graphic card disabled. All Windows and graphic card update done.

One version of P3Dv3 installed only.

Almost every single time when I run 737NGX the prepar3Dv3 crashes and I get a message "Display driver stops responding and has recovered."

When I run the prepar3d without the pmdg737ngx addon there is no problems.

All drivers updated.

Thank you.

You are not alone - I too have experienced this. Last flight with NGX and P3D 3.3.5 ended the same way with the display driver error. No idea where the problem is, I have stopped flying till P3D gets updated to see if the problem continues. Definitely something wrong with either W10, P3D or NGX, as problem occures with minimal ammount of addons and totally untweaked and clean .cfg. I could try to install fresh P3D and NGX only, and test if this still happens. And I don't use EZCA.

I have created a topic about this in the CTD-forum area while ago, but I really have no interest to solve this problem, I'll check again when P3D gets updated.

Definitely something wrong with either W10, P3D or NGX, as problem occures with minimal ammount of addons and totally untweaked and clean .cfg. I could try to install fresh P3D and NGX only, and test if this still happens.

Actually, it's probably none of these.

When a computer gives you an error message and it uses actual words (instead of something like "Error: 23CGZX23412DS"), it's trying to tell you something. If you're getting the same error that Stan is getting, it's an issue with - as the error message notes - your display driver.

Update your drivers, or, if necessary, roll back to an older driver version. Windows is trying to drive your graphics, but your graphics driver is faulty, Windows is losing control while at the wheel and stuff crashes. Give Windows a better steering wheel by having a look at your drivers.

but I really have no interest to solve this problem, I'll check again when P3D gets updated.

I doubt that'll help if you're getting driver errors. It's best to pay attention to what your computer is telling you. Otherwise, you're pointing fingers at people who aren't causing the issue, waiting for someone else to act when it's mostly you who needs to do the acting (technically the people who make your graphics drivers, but that doesn't mean you can't roll back a version until it's corrected).

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you using himemfix=1? My experience with radeon cards was that this tweak would cause driver crashes. Try removing it of it's in your configuration. You can always put it back if it doesn't help.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Are you using himemfix=1? My experience with radeon cards was that this tweak would cause driver crashes. Try removing it of it's in your configuration. You can always put it back if it doesn't help.

It's Highmemfix=1.

The way you spelled it won't do anything when placed in the cfg.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator