Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Ultra Weather ?

Anyone have Ultra Weather 1.50, is it like Skymax or?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Both serve the same purpose (enhance cloud representation and sky colors). Skymaxx uses volumetric 3D clouds, while Ultra Weather uses textures. It's up to you to decide which one you like better, there's no clear winner here.

I am back to using default clouds if that's of any help for you :wink:

Checking the store pictures of the product I have to say that the clouds look awful. 

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Checking the store pictures of the product I have to say that the clouds look awful. 

Lol.so true.

Anyone have Ultra Weather 1.50, is it like Skymax or?

SMP v3.2 replaces XPlane's weather engine. UW is a set of replacement textures and shaders that works with XPlanes weather engine.

SMP along with RWC and FSGRW is still the best way to enhance the clouds and weather in XP. It also comes with some sky textures, but I prefer freeware available at the org.

There are some youtube videos on UW & SMP v3. They should give you an idea of how the clouds and textures compare. Enjoy!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

SMP v3.2 replaces XPlane's weather engine.

It just replaces the cloud rendering and sky colors. The weather engine is still either x-planes own, a plugin like NOAA or an external engine like FSGRW. Skymaxx itself (with or without RWC) does nothing with the weather. It just displays whatever is set or injected. :smile:

It just replaces the cloud rendering and sky colors. The weather engine is still either x-planes own, a plugin like NOAA or an external engine like FSGRW. Skymaxx itself (with or without RWC) does nothing with the weather. It just displays whatever is set or injected. :smile:

Thanks for your clarification. I know that it's NOT a weather engine. I should have wrote:

SkyMaxx Pro v3 - A revolutionary weather rendering engine for X-Plane 10!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No problem. :smile:  It's just that many people get the impression that Skymaxx, UltraweatherXP etc. serve the same purpose as weather engines like ASN for FSX. I just wanted potential customers to know that these addons for now only change the looks but not the feel, so to say.

• Upvote 1