Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndiB

One More Try.......

Guest AndiB

A week ago I posted a question, but got no response. So I am trying again.Because on re-occuring CTD's I re-installed FS9 and all my add-on's successfully about a month ago. Everything's working out fine and I can load and run PMDG 737-800/w, Active Sky wxRE, UT-USA, FEnvir., FDC, FSNav and have scenery max'd with no problems, but my aircraft appears without textures or will appear at times with textures that will disappears during my flights and not return. This happens with other aircraft as well and isn't consistent with every aircraft?Can anyone out there help me in figuring out why this is happening, or what I screwed up to cause this?

This could possibly be a video card and/or driver problem. Whom ever made your video card, go to the manufacturer's website, download and install the latest driver. Run FS and see if that helped. Also, try to narrow down where this problem may be coming from. For example: I assume your running an AGP graphics card??...if so, take it out and use your onboard video adapter (get the latest drivers for your motherboard too). Run FS. If your texture problem disappears, then we know it is infact a hardware issue concerning your AGP card. If the probelm is still present, then my guess it is a video driver problem.Also, do you have the latest Direct X? Microsoft's website has it if u don't. May not be a bad idea to redownload and reinstall that too anyways. DirectX also comes with diagnostics. To run it you'll need to go to START, RUN, this will bring up a command window. Now, unfortunatley I've forgotten the command....lol...hopefully someone here will post it.Post back with details and if your problem is fixed or not. Good luck.-=MAB=-

>Whom ever made your video card, go to the manufacturer's>website, download and install the latest driver.By all means, do not do that! (No offence MAB.) That driver may give you 7fps in the 172 2D pit and seasick wobbling effect along with ctd and other problems. At least it did for me. I've had a 9800 Pro for a while, and the only driver that seems to work is the old Omega 2.5.97a, nothing newer.You can pick it up here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/.Be sure to remove all traces of old driver, by uninstalling, using Drivercleaner, RegSupreme and stuff like that, and don't be tempted to use the the Sheme function in Omega Utility if you have more than one screen, or FS goes :-hmmm.Well, this cured a lot problems for me anyway. Hope it helps you too :).Eagle

>Because on re-occuring CTD's I re-installed FS9 and all my>add-on's successfully about a month ago. This sentence caught my eye. If all other suggestions fail, next time try reinstalling your addons one at a time and check after each install when the problem appears (if it does).

Guest Charlie Hall

"Also, do you have the latest Direct X? Microsoft's website has it if u don't. May not be a bad idea to redownload and reinstall that too anyways. DirectX also comes with diagnostics. To run it you'll need to go to START, RUN, this will bring up a command window. Now, unfortunatley I've forgotten the command....lol...hopefully someone here will post it."dxdiag

Guest AndiB

To MAB,-Kyle, Eagle & Charlie, Thanks for your responses and help. Yes I do have a AGP graphics card (ATI Radeon 9500 Pro/9700 w/128mb) which I had updated with the latest drivers, but this did not solve my aircraft texture problem. I think now I'll try Eagle's suggestion and update with an Omega(Radeon) 2.6.75a driver.Also, I had already updated to Direct X to 9.0, but it won't hurt to re-do it just to be sure. I hate the thought of having to re-install (again)all my addons to see if one of them is to blame, but this may be my only other choice. In any event guys, thanks for your suggestions. What I can't figure out is why sometimes the aircrft textures shows up beautifully onthe runway and then disappear during flight or is completely "greyed out" at the aircraft selection start-up screen? Wish me luck and if successful I'll follow up with another post.