Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Ivona voices for default atc

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Ivona or other sapi voices in the default atc? The default voices are becoming a bit boring.

Thanks

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Ivona or other sapi voices in the default atc? The default voices are becoming a bit boring.

Thanks

Don't think you can.

Ivona voices are really a form of text reader whereas the P3D/FSX ATC voices are pre-recorded sound bites assembled on the fly, so to speak.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks

i recorded my own, as one of the pilots...long labor of love, but it worked...not sure whether I used Soundforge one Audacity...it was 10+ years ago

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks

It is tedious but one can record one's own voice sets with EditVoicepack:

http://EditVoicepack.com

i recorded my own...

As Chas stated, one can use Audacity to record each sound snippet. A smartphone can also be used. Initially, just record WAV files of numbers zero to niner and the phonetic alphabet. Then add your favorite ATC phrases, airlines and airports. Use EditVoicepack to replace the recorded snippets in one of the stock FSX /P3D voices. Gradually replace more airport names with your custom voice as time goes on.

Could you imagine a world-wide ATC project:

100 volunteer voices from around the world with different accents,dialects, female voices, etc.

Wonder if P3D/FSX can handle more?   Would be nice through.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

http://editvoicepack.com

Have a look. Not exactly more voices but it improves atc and allows customisation and accuracy without having to run a separate atc program.

Even has a demo.

Chris

It is tedious but one can record one's own voice sets with EditVoicepack:http://EditVoicepack.com

As Chas stated, one can use Audacity to record each sound snippet. A smartphone can also be used. Initially, just record WAV files of numbers zero to niner and the phonetic alphabet. Then add your favorite ATC phrases, airlines and airports. Use EditVoicepack to replace the recorded snippets in one of the stock FSX /P3D voices. Gradually replace more airport names with your custom voice as time goes on.

Yeah, VoiceEdit...as I recall, was at one time very well done freeware...It's now available for a reasonably paltry sum now....Your recommendation prolly pushed me over the brink. I do recall being able to...And I think that the ATC VOICE FORMAT, requires, the ability to leave digital markers...by TimeCode?

Anyway, I do recall recording several phrases that were used by both pilot AND ATC... and as a consequence I think things got a little "less-immersive" for those words and phrases... I have to go back and look.

Lastly,

If this doesn't already exist, It would be very cool for some enterprising young code slinger(s), to write to and from some of the many FSUIPC "hooks", in, say VB,

...OR

...wait for it...

C++,

She/he/they would provide us with an applet with a interface to allow us to record our own indexed voice recordings, saying;

1. Aircraft commands,

2. FO interactions,

3. IFR requests, reports, and queries, and;

4. Any other voice driven flight sim functions you want.

And having recorded them, communicate with existing and future auxiliary apps.

It could be a Dowson/Dowson colleague written, transmit/receive, FSUIPC interfaced audio recorder/playback applet, made available for a nominal fee(or free).

It would to provide FSUIPC hooks to any "Non-VOX" ATC/Voice generated command developers out there, any WhoKnowsWhat... developers out there, who want it. It would allow us to use our own voices to not only be appropriately heard, but to command...ANYTHING.

Ill-adroitly spoken, but I think you get the idea.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2